Let's laugh! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1995.JPG

Not a coincidence. It's a thing within certain socio-economic groups.

Yeah, there are a couple of those up here in Harrisburg. I was o_O when I first saw one… I was o_Oo_O when I found out that they just did that - not like anyone was paying them for the advertising or such.

Yeah, there are a couple of those up here in Harrisburg. I was o_O when I first saw one… I was o_Oo_O when I found out that they just did that - not like anyone was paying them for the advertising or such.
Most of us plaster our rigs in stickers for free too. Just pointing that out.

How about a little Hawaiian punch!

Most of us plaster our rigs in stickers for free too. Just pointing that out.

There is that, but there is a bit of a difference between a square foot of sticker and a rolling billboard for Twizzlers...

I realized my comment above could be seen as condescending, which I shouldn't be. While I do generally laugh at "donks" and I don't get it, I'm sure a lot of those guys don't get our rigs. Which is fine and I doubt a single F would be given by any of us. I've been a car guy all my life and I've gone through a lot of stages: pre-teen exoctics, ricer, muscle car, German fan-boy, and now the TLC sickness. Different gear-head variations like to put others down for some reason. Maybe just a testosterone / competitive thing. While I don't always get why guys like a certain type of auto, I can appreciate well executed restorations or just well kept examples. Also I never met a car guy from any genre, that I couldn't sit with and talk to for hours about their car sickness and mine regardless of what the other dude is into. If they have passion for it, it's fun to talk to and learn about it from them. Anyway, back to the laughs.

Last edited:
I am gonna Donk the :poop: outta my 80 this week!

Just not sure of which brand I want to endorse...so many interesting choices

Blue and yellow has always been a pleasing color combo.

dfd-105_1z.jpg

Snowflakes are whimsical!

91Xip7ElzXL._SY355_.jpg

Penguins are cute...

aff-005_1z.jpg

But, I think I'll go with this one and introduce a Michael Jackson theme in there as well!

spotted_dick_01.jpg

While I don't always get why guys like a certain type of auto, I can appreciate well executed restorations or just well kept examples. Also I never met a car guy from any genre, that I couldn't sit with and talk to for hours about their car sickness and mine regardless of what the other dude is into. If they have passion for it, it's fun to talk to and learn about it from them.

I’m the same way with a number of my hobbies. If someone devotes the time to put into something I can appreciate the effort and often they’re doing something that I can learn from. Same as you say with other car hobbies can be applied to woodworking, art, or whatever. I know a couple musical instrument woodworkers. I enjoy listening to music, but have no talent myself so I don’t really have the drive to make a musical instrument. But they do really beautiful work and I’ve learned things like steam bending, veneering, carving, and clamping methods from them.

I have to admit that I’m still befuddled by the themes of the donks, though… I guess I could see themes of favorite sports teams, musicians, or something like that, but what makes you decide that you want to cruise around in your very own Fruity Pebbles mobile?

I am gonna Donk the :poop: outta my 80 this week!

Just not sure of which brand I want to endorse...so many interesting choices

I don’t care who you are, that’s just some funny s***. :rofl:

Interesting subculture right there, especially the "Cloppers"

This is a must see...

Howard Stern like all of us can't wrap our head's around this phenomenon

That pastry was a bit tangy...what was it?

IMG_3378.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom