LED Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
I also bought reverse LED lights from somewhere. They fit with no problem in the 80 but wouldn't go in the 4Runner without some modification. They have too large of a square shoulder and wouldn't push in far enough.

I've had the same problem with some other LED bulbs. Do you remember when bulb you bought? I noticed they have several options.

pappy,
According to the superbrightled page, the 1156-x18-T would be the best bet for reverse light cause its the smallest one he has. 43mm by 17mm

18 High Power SMD LED 1156/1157 Tower Bulb Specifications

OK, so I bit the bullet and bought some LED lights for my 4Runner. As I said, I tried some bulbs years ago, and they were too wide on the shoulder and would not push in on the 4Runner, or into the aftermarket tail light housings on the bumper.

The bulbs I bought were from Superbrightleds.com. I replaced the dual filament bulbs in the parking/brake lights (1157). I also replaced the little 194 bulbs in the front corner parking lights, and the tail lights. The bulbs went in no problem and appear to be much brighter than the regular bulbs.

1157 Bulbs

194 bulbs

Now that I know these work I'm going to get a new flasher and replace the turn bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom