LED lights on Tail gate.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im going to do replace my dome light with one of these lights.....

Her are some pics of the LED lights flush mounted into my bumper. Finally, after 3-1/2 years, this project is completed. These things are bright! And these are the "warm" version. Going to put the "cool" in the rear hatch
image-760711313.jpg
image-895093224.jpg

Drawers were custom made out of 5052aluminum.
Slides were bought at HomewareHQ.com.

Curious to see the Bamboo drawers....
These are supposed to have a great weight to strength ratio.
Any pics ?

Manuchao, Do you think they put out enough light to work as back-up lights to supplement the dim stock ones?

So, I never got to install these as a back up lighting.
I went with a set of cheap Chinese LED's for $35 that put out some 1600 lumens at 18 Watts.
They do not work with the tranny, instead I have a dedicated switch for them, and do the job nicely.....

IMAG1023.jpg

Ok... so I finally got some LEDs installed in my rear hatch. I ended up finding these on ebay for super cheap... $16 for TEN of them, including shipping! $1.60 a piece!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321484055933?item=321484055933&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

$_57.JPG

I used 2 of them with a little Radio shack push button switch, all installed in the removable access panels of the hatch...photos are adjusted to give a good approximation of what I see with my eyes...

2014-10-05 20.59.54.jpg
2014-10-05 20.58.34.jpg
2014-10-05 20.59.10.jpg

Mark ,
Looks really nice
How long was the shipping time on these from when you ordered ?
I know it says shipped from nj but looks like they drop ship most of everything from china.

Woytovich,, did you run the wires through the rubber shroud from the hatch into the upper body?

COOL!

Powered by a relay connected to the door switch (to ground) circuit. Any door open closes the circuit to ground triggering the stock dome light and the relay controlling these lights. Connected to the same circuit I also mounted 2 smaller LEDS I had under the bottom rear edge of the Tuffy center console to light the rear footwell. These are wired to a dash switch that can have the lights ON, OFF or "AUTO"...

Damn those things are pretty bright. Do they get hot to the touch if left on for an extended period? In your first pics the light looks pretty yellowish, is that just from the adjustment?

Lights look pretty neutral in color... maybe a little towards "led blue/white" but not much. I HAVE touched them after they had been on for a while and didn't notice anything...
I positioned them specifically so light would spill out onto the slider and ground. I am thinking of adding a couple to the doors themselves, both for the additional ground light and the safety of others to more easily see the door if it is open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom