Leaking AC Connection Rear Driver Side LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AC leak appeared. A fresh refrigerant charge only lasted 7 days.

Dealership Quoted me $5,600 ($3600 labor/ $2,000) to replace all AC lines front to rear. ;)

There is an obvious leak behind the Drivers Side Rear wheel. The manual shows o-rings at this connection. Does anyone know what O-rings these are? Part#?

Hopefully that is all I need to fix.

Rear leak.jpg

AC lines to Rear AC 02.JPG

AC lines to Rear AC.JPG
AC lines to Rear AC 01.JPG

Need the year model. Helps if you put that in your signature.

Whoops, that certainly would, thank you.

The diagrams aren’t super clear on this, suggesting different numbers based on the dimensions of the existing part.

That said I think it’s 2x 90099-14120, but may be 2x 90099-14119 or even 2x 90099-14121

These are cheap enough the best strategy is probably just to have all of them on-hand for whatever the tech finds in there.

For the record, I don’t see a lot of corrosion under your truck but in five years the majority of the leaks I’ve seen in this area were corrosion related, and with your location appearing to be MA, that may be a possibility.

The diagrams aren’t super clear on this, suggesting different numbers based on the dimensions of the existing part.

That said I think it’s 2x 90099-14120, but may be 2x 90099-14119 or even 2x 90099-14121

These are cheap enough the best strategy is probably just to have all of them on-hand for whatever the tech finds in there.

For the record, I don’t see a lot of corrosion under your truck but in five years the majority of the leaks I’ve seen in this area were corrosion related, and with your location appearing to be MA, that may be a possibility.
I'll pick up those o-rings.

Any experience with refrigerant sniffers? Planning for if I replace the rings and the system still doesn't hold vacuum.

Last edited:
I'll pick up those o-rings.

Any experience with refrigerant sniffers? If Planning for if I replace the rings and the system still doesn't hold vaccum.

A long time ago I borrowed a friend's and it worked pretty well. This was back before cheap stuff like harbor freight, let alone amazon though.

Got the bolt off, any ideas out to get the connection apart? The smaller line came apart just fine. This larger one wont budge. It seems to be corroded around the threads.

20230826_110642.jpg

20230826_115007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom