LCP Closed? Want Gullwing windows, options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will be entering this market soon with an option for glass gullwings as well.

can you devise a sliding window section within the gullwing for the dog to stick his/her head out of? stop it wanting to perch on top of my toddler's head to get her snout out their window.

and better locks. either tied into the central locking or ones that at least take a key better quality than a letterbox.

can you devise a sliding window section within the gullwing for the dog to stick his/her head out of? stop it wanting to perch on top of my toddler's head to get her snout out their window.

and better locks. either tied into the central locking or ones that at least take a key better quality than a letterbox.
The intent is to be LESS expensive than what is currently available, so probably not. Well on the way through the development cycle anyway. More like a see-through, simple gullwing.

edit: that will initially only be available for the US passenger side. Having driven with an LCP window on the driver side for over 2 years now, see no reason to add glass on that side. Some people will want it, so will be in the next batch of custom glass.

The intent is to be LESS expensive than what is currently available, so probably not. Well on the way through the development cycle anyway. More like a see-through, simple gullwing.

edit: that will initially only be available for the US passenger side. Having driven with an LCP window on the driver side for over 2 years now, see no reason to add glass on that side. Some people will want it, so will be in the next batch of custom glass.
Sign me up!

You could tint maybe? Also, there is still a large piece of glass that's broadcasting what you have in the back, right? If someone wants to get in, they're going to get in even if you have a solid panel on the rear quarter.

Having a solid panel may give you some warm fuzzies though that your stuff is "safe".
The less people can see what is in the back of my truck the better. Have you ever heard the term “ smash and grab”? Impulse stealing is triggered by seeing something they think they can grab and go with it. So even if they can’t get in only F up the outside, I’d like to avoid that as well.

I discovered this as well just now as I was hoping to order some sway bar quick disconnects and check out the cooling fan option he had.

Curious there has been no word from Phil, but I did see this on his site this morning.

Capture.JPG

My .02 - I researched all options extensively for many, many months and ended up with the LCP gullwings. They are fantastic for the price (esp if you can snag a sale) and do the job just fine. Phil is a great guy to work with too.

That being said, my first choice, and what I'm still patiently waiting for, are the WagonGear windows for both my 80 and 62. I already have the OEM glass sitting in a shipping crate, but the wait for these are at ~1 year according to Kevin this AM so hardly an option for someone who wants the utility ASAP.

I personally saw no value in paying over 50% more for the YodaTEQs just to get a gas strut and a molle panel that I won't use. Especially since I knew I wanted glass at some point anyway.

As far as blind spots go, I really notice no difference with the gullwings at all - but I use my side mirrors religiously and rarely looked out those windows, guess it just depends on how dependent your driving style is. So why do I want glass gullwings? For my wife and dogs (hah!), wife says the truck looks better with the solid pane windows and the dogs clearly miss looking out the window on long road trips.

Whatever option you go with, you'll be happy and wish you had done it years ago. It's so nice to have the extra access especially with a swing out tire carrier.

The less people can see what is in the back of my truck the better. Have you ever heard the term “ smash and grab”? Impulse stealing is triggered by seeing something they think they can grab and go with it. So even if they can’t get in only F up the outside, I’d like to avoid that as well.

Extremely useful on all four major trips I have taken to Panama and back. That and a sign in the window in Spanish saying, caution: dog bites!

Cheers

Dang, I was hoping to order some things from him.

If I didn't already spend the money to redo all my window rubber and ceramic tint them, then Wagon Gear would be my first choice.
Maybe some day an OEM glass, Gas strut, OEM looking wing window will come out for $1,200.00 including glass. Maybe I am being to picky here.

Sign me up as well. I'd love a gullwing with glass at a somewhat reasonable price point.

Curious there has been no word from Phil, but I did see this on his site this morning.

View attachment 2393471

Gotta respect this decision. Looks like he needed to shut down and move on short notice. Instead of making excuses and not responding to emails or calls he is refunding existing orders and will start over when he's ready. Much more professional than making excuses for not getting product out and making people have to spend time chasing existing orders. Others could learn from this.

ericb1, That's odd Phil just posted this on July 23 2020.
"GULLWING WINDOWS SALE

To celebrate my 10K followers on Instagram we will be offering a special ONE time super discount starting August 1
Because of the super low pricing, we only have a limited quantity.
First come first served to start promptly on August 1, 2020 at 6AM Arizona time.
Pricing to be posted soon"

LCP is relocating not shutting down. Check the Website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom