Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m heading to ft Collins now. Should be in the area in 2 hrs.

the sleeping platform need some work. My back is screaming at me for the last 3 nights.

Webster pass is beautiful. I even drive down via handcart gulch (sign said close, but saw a truck drove up). All I can say is phuckering feeling driving down.

Last edited:
There is a snow bank at the top blocking the ability to cross Webster pass summit. You can drive up near the pass from either Montezuma or Bailey side. If coming up from Bailey, just take the red cone route which is open. Red cone is one way from Bailey side. I did red cone last Wednesday and only one or two spots that required engaging mts and crawl..

Planning on leaving KC at 0600 which would mean rolling by Colby about 1100.

I’d wait for you, but we have to get to camp and set up before we head back to FC for the meet up. Will probably be about two hours ahead of you.

There is a snow bank at the top blocking the ability to cross Webster pass summit. You can drive up near the pass from either Montezuma or Bailey side. If coming up from Bailey, just take the red cone route which is open. Red cone is one way from Bailey side. I did red cone last Wednesday and only one or two spots that required engaging mts and crawl..

Yup. The snow bank is wide enough for 1 rig to pass now. I was surprise to see a truck coming that way. Hence I ask if the road is good. They make it up Webster pass with no issue. I come down the pass with no issue too. The sign do say close.

6460BF58-67A8-4C70-80B7-A1B4FC283A2C.jpeg

Webster Pass is really tight and it was tight with the 80 and 100 series. I have elected after Red Cone to go through Montezuma to I-70 after seeing a jeep roll there before the first switch back

I have only done Webster, Radical Hill or Montezuma path after doing Red Cone which is one of my favorites
DSC02628.JPG

Last edited:
I would do red cone next time. I need to armor up with slider and skids. Since I doing the trail solo, I don’t think my LC is capable to do red cone without major damage to the side steps or maybe more. I do my homework watching YouTube video and found several interesting obstacles. No doubt slider will help. I’m pretty conservative as I’m 2000 miles from home.

Today, I got some surprises from weather. It was hail/rain on top of Webster. I see the weather rolling in. Just when I’m ready to head out, rain then hail. The rock is wet and slick. I got a few scary moment when the front tires not turning as I need and the rock seems very loose. Several times, I’m about inches near the edge. Near edge is some loose rocks. If those rock can’t handle the heavy rig, I’m doomed.

Things I learn more when I wheel the LC. MTS is cool and so is the camera (front, side).

For tomorrow night, I have a brand new box of disposable face mask handy. If anyone need a face mask, just ask. Also have some stickers if anyone interested. The weather seems to be cooperate for the next few days. Last 2 days, it’s been some quick pass-through weather.

I’d wait for you, but we have to get to camp and set up before we head back to FC for the meet up. Will probably be about two hours ahead of you.
No worries

Impromptu lunch Wednesday at noon. Meet at The Exchange. 200 N College ave. Cool concept where multiple restaurants share a common eating area outside where folks can spread out and mingle. Dog friendly.

Impromptu lunch Wednesday at noon. Meet at The Exchange. 200 N College ave. Cool concept where multiple restaurants share a common eating area outside where folks can spread out and mingle. Dog friendly.
Stopped in Lamar for the night. I swear it takes 16 hours for whole trip and 15 of those hours are in Texas. Lol...have about 4 hours to go. Excited to get there.

The loooooooooooooong, and winding road...to LCDC:

Sun poke through the rain late and low the the planet glowed like fire-
30D5B61F-902D-46CC-A709-AEC474593944.jpeg

Cedar Breaks—Storm brewin’
1596001122115.jpeg

Hail ya... ;)
1596001694868.jpeg

Somewhere nearing Capital Reef... ;)
1596001407062.jpeg

Fruita...
1596001880218.jpeg

m

Passed through moab tonight. Stopped at grand junction. Right after we got on the 70, saw what looked like a shooting star, but real low, then started to spark and blaze like fireworks. Something fell out of the sky south of yellow cat exit. Will see everyone tomorrow!

More from the road to LCDC...

I do love tire photos. :meh:
1596002754650.jpeg

Same spot...
C6C27CCE-9C71-4057-B4A1-E1956E172F10.jpeg

Thought maybe I died and went to CHOCOLATE MILK heaven... :clap:
Actually the river that runs through Capital Reef...
1596003561160.jpeg

And Goblin Valley in the dark...
(about 9 seconds here... I could only see tail lights. camera picked up this-)
1596003614477.jpeg

Last edited:
So impressed checking out the pics of everyone's rigs! We're heading up Wednesday Morning/Afternoon from Centennial. Planning to hunt for some dispersed camping and then meet up during the socially distant event.

East (north) bound and down.... loaded up and truckin’

272CDD05-BB23-4032-8AB3-7F85AE19C90F.jpeg

462A1C87-BEEB-48D7-8BA5-3D486BD2BD6F.jpeg

632FE587-32B6-4A27-9A8C-28D84692D42B.jpeg

Passed through moab tonight. Stopped at grand junction. Right after we got on the 70, saw what looked like a shooting star, but real low, then started to spark and blaze like fireworks. Something fell out of the sky south of yellow cat exit. Will see everyone tomorrow!
Don’t jinx it. 2020 has been tons of craziness. We don’t need another alien visit.

Good morning, everyone! @TheGrrrrr , sounds like you settled in at The Elizabeth? @Jfoofighter16 or anyone else find any good dispersed camping they wouldn’t mind sharing with like minds? It would be nice to camp with other folk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom