Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday is when you can schedule I believe.

Couldnt agree more on Htown temps. Arizona was a steady 110 but with all this concrete and heat, I am already counting the days till i pull out for Colorado.
Yes, the email on that info was in my promo folder- (thanks gmail)..so didn't see it.

on your way down to Lake Como at the end of the Poughkeepsie Gulch Trail (LCDC #4).

DSC_9380-XL.jpg

photo by 'indycole'

I remember that stop. Mine is the white 200 on the right.

I remember that stop. Mine is the white 200 on the right.

I think @Romer and I were having heart attacks whilst messing with a flat tire at altitude a few hundred yards downhill whilst y’all were lunching there... :hillbilly: :steer:

I think @Romer and I were having heart attacks whilst messing with a flat tire at altitude a few hundred yards downhill whilst y’all were lunching there... :hillbilly: :steer:
yep we were all enjoying lunch and the view while you all took the wall and tire fun! LOL :)

Pretty sure @laserturbo91 also courageously went back on his own to make sure y'all were still alive.

I was expecting you to fly your drone over for a look-see like you did in Baja when I disappeared with my fishing rod for a few hours... :hillbilly:

A little update from the sponsor side... they have all been great given the circumstances and stepped up with some cool swag... Shirts turned out awesome! Our friends at Cruiser Gear were great to help set these up for us... Make sure you go buy some stuff from them and you may win a sweet 60 series!!!

Elite and CruiserCorps will be sponsoring the opening event and has some cool stuff planned for all of us.

Slee will be doing a unique overnight/camping run, which is a brand new concept this year. Dissent will be leading a couple days with some special stuff for those who sign up for his trails. FrontRunner will have some surprises for those rocking FR on their rigs already. 5.11 stepped up their game with a nice surprise. OtterBox is on point once again and RedArc has joined the party! Ed Martin Toyota came through big time to help with the Sched app which makes it super convenient for all of us to communicate and plan our trail days. ARB always comes through and Summit Auto Transport will be joining us this year as well!

Needless to say be sure to pick up your welcome packet/swag at the opening event. Saturday night we'll have some social distancing contests for some great prizes.

Excited to to see some familiar faces on the trail!

We have a couple fun overnighters in the works. It's been a few years since I've ran any of it, so Megan and I are going to buzz up there and do some camping/recon work this weekend :)......... more mystery trails

A little bummed that we'll be in fire ban, but perhaps we'll be able to warm up from the inside out. :)

I see Kelly Flats is on the short list........ take lots of pictures for us all.

Cheers!!

Excited to to see some familiar faces on the trail!

We have a couple fun overnighters in the works. It's been a few years since I've ran any of it, so Megan and I are going to buzz up there and do some camping/recon work this weekend :)......... more mystery trails

A little bummed that we'll be in fire ban, but perhaps we'll be able to warm up from the inside out. :)

I see Kelly Flats is on the short list........ take lots of pictures for us all.

Cheers!!

As Markuson I think pointed out earlier, if you have some extra space, there are some LP-based camp fire options which are permitted. Not the same as a wood fire, I know.

As Markuson I think pointed out earlier, if you have some extra space, there are some LP-based camp fire options which are permitted. Not the same as a wood fire, I know.

you bet! If someone that ends up on our run has one of these, please bring it, that'd be great!

I'll be keeping an eye here Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee National Grassland - Alerts & Notices in case anything should change.

They have had a fire ban all summer long in the Arapahe & Roosevelt National Forests, at least over on the Grand County side. I doubt that changes anytime soon, although I suppose it could.

For sure, I was thinking it might go in the opposite direction like Arap/Roos FS Boulder county - although I guess we could still use the above.

Rotopax mount fabbed up and finished today. I'm going to keep a strap on it until I'm 100% sure it's solid... just in case.

1594848472483.png

For those curious it's basically just a strip of metal secured by U-bolts with sex-bolt screws, and the holders are a 3/8" bolt with some chunks of 1" ABS plastic I ground down and drilled out.

Rotopax mount fabbed up and finished today. I'm going to keep a strap on it until I'm 100% sure it's solid... just in case.

View attachment 2372959

For those curious it's basically just a strip of metal secured by U-bolts with sex-bolt screws, and the holders are a 3/8" bolt with some chunks of 1" ABS plastic I ground down and drilled out.

Where do you buy sex-bolts? I've been looking all over.

I've got one very similar to that and have been using it quite a bit. Works great, goes through a 20lb tank in two nights running on the highest setting. If I figure out where I'm camping, I'll definitely have it with me.

Be advised that there is a statewide Mask mandate for all indoor activities. Please be respectful of that so we don't get any blow back on our out of town friends :)

Be advised that there is a statewide Mask mandate for all indoor activities. Please be respectful of that so we don't get any blow back on our out of town friends :)

Good to know thanks!

Even outside if you're near people folks should wear one. My $0.02 anyway.

When traveling, we either mask up anytime we're around other people or give them a bunch of personal space. Mask on takes ~2 seconds if I just leave a bandana around my neck. We're likely not a carrier (our suburb of 40k people has been registering only 1 or 2 new cases a day), and the town we're in might be small and not dealing with an outbreak, but it simply feels disrespectful right now to me to risk spreading illness to towns we're passing through or visiting.

Gotta protect the elderly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom