Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back from prerunning. It's been about 4yrs since I've spent much time up around these trails, I forgot how great they are. Megan and I covered about 220 miles of dirt. Some spots are more worn out than I remember, and some spots are nearly grown back over from lack of use. Overall, the camp spots that I had marked as "not busy" have been found, but I doubt there will be anyone in them during the week. Lookin forward to some good 4wheelin and campin. Old flower rd was bustling with moderate traffic both ways, Red Feather Lakes was bustling with RV's and campers (totally full I suspect). One of the main mystery trail overnighters was dead, (saw 3 side by sides, a Moose, a mule deer, and some pronghorn), the other looked was a bit busier than I figured it would be. hwy14 (poudre canyon) and 80C we're pretty thick with weekend RV/5th wheel traffic, plan for a little slow going on friday and sat runs. Overall a nice break from the rest of the front range. :) I'll probably be poking around there next weekend too.

If you're on the prowl for good camp spots and exporing here are the MVUM's surrounding the event. Cheers!!

North Canyon lakes

South Canyon Lakes

Boulder RD north

Arapaho and Roosevelt Main MVUM Page

And since theres a little BLM land around

And you might graze SFSP

Ran storm mountain today with @SGT0311 to get a little pre-run in as I’ll be leading that trail on Saturday during the event. One major obstacle towards the beginning which you’ll want lift and sliders to avoid damage. Taking the right line is key.

Pretty funny a Jeep was in front of us and couldn’t make it. Winched himself up and took off. We got up with slight rub on sliders and found the Jeep at the top of the mountain and was all pissed off we got up it with no help... 😜

8C7880C8-F3FB-491C-9BE3-0CD1598E479E.jpeg

C58D7886-EFBC-482C-91C2-B8B811D9FA00.jpeg

209F4743-0B5D-4F8C-84FA-A127502C9D26.jpeg

And back to slaving over swag bags... with help from the girls! Great stuff from our sponsors!

136E4371-BB04-4BD5-9967-22FA5FE87B4B.jpeg

Not to beat a dead horse but if anyone is looking found a couple of FRS radios on Amazon...

Screenshot_20200719-190025_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Randomly got a spot Tuesday to Sunday at Narrows Campground. Hopefully it's not too far out of the way. Looks to be just 7.5 miles up the road from Ansel Watrous. Anyone else staying there?

@codyaustin5 Thanks for the invite, it was a fun trail... Break over on the Tundra makes me think of owning a 200 again!!!
YES you need a 200 again! :) Or a 70, or a 60 or a 80, or aaaaaaaa Bronco!

Overall goal is to hit Ft. Collins by 5pm on Wednesday. Still have my reservation at the Elizabeth, but leaning towards camping if I can find a good spot.

If you end up staying at the Elizabeth let's meet up and grab a drink. Planning to stay downtown and looking forward to meeting some LC friends.

If you end up staying at the Elizabeth let's meet up and grab a drink. Planning to stay downtown and looking forward to meeting some LC friends.
I will be staying at the Elizabeth. Wife was going to be coming with me, but now I am coming by myself. When the wife was coming, we were going to get into FC on Monday night so we could look around Fort Collins before the event. Trying to decide when I will get there now.

Let me know as well if you get together. My wife and I are downtown at the Armstrong hotel.

Just an unofficial update before the next email goes out. We balanced all of the trails this evening and there are some notable changes in order to make sure all the trails have enough people. Overall, we started with too many trail options given the number of drivers. Aside from a couple cases, everyone kept their original trails but the day/time may have changed.
  • Consolidated the Old Flowers and Deadman Road runs on Thursday and Friday to a single run of one of the two trails each day. This didn't impact anyone's overall schedule.
  • We needed another "moderate" option on Saturday and created a new route that starts with short, fun West White Pine Mountain Road in the morning and follows up with an afternoon adventure as much of Moody Hill as the group wants to do.
  • We removed a few difficult trails that didn't have enough takers to meet quorum. We'll open those back up if there's enough demand.
Edited to add that the overnight runs led by Jackson and Amory have been updated.

Last edited:
Don't know if ill be getting into town on Monday or Tuesday, but I'll be there. Its up in the air coming across 70 or 80, or something else.

I will be staying at the Elizabeth. Wife was going to be coming with me, but now I am coming by myself. When the wife was coming, we were going to get into FC on Monday night so we could look around Fort Collins before the event. Trying to decide when I will get there now.
I’m heading out early Monday morning and driving through till I get to Lincoln NE. Finishing up the drive Tuesday. If that matches you LMK

Yeah, still have my reservation at the Elizabeth, now also have a camp spot at the Narrows Campground. Will probably decide on Saturday which one I'm going with. If anyone wants the camp spot at the Narrows, let me know. I grabbed the camp spot because my buddy let me know he was coming, then an hour after I booked it, he cancelled. Camping solo is great and all, but for a trip like this I'd rather be around other attendees to get to know folks and have a beer. I can cancel either reservation up to Sunday without issue. Maybe I'll do a couple nights of each. Open to suggestion and will absolutely give up the camp site to anyone that needs it.

I’m heading out early Monday morning and driving through till I get to Lincoln NE. Finishing up the drive Tuesday. If that matches you LMK

If something comes up and your near Omaha, send me a PM and I'll help out however I can.

Not to beat a dead horse but if anyone is looking found a couple of FRS radios on Amazon...

View attachment 2377133

I have a couple Midland units and they’ve been solid for FRS. If you haven’t already, look in your manual for whether it has transmission power level settings. FRS is power limited by FCC, so you will want to set it to its version of “high” if that’s an option on that model.

We’ll be sending an email out soon regarding evening sponsored events and unofficial nights so people have common places to meet up and see other attendees.

My son and I will be arriving Sunday. Anyone doing any pre-event trail running Monday thru Wednesday? Since I'm a newbie, I'm planning on running the easy to moderate trails, but open to some of the more challenging ones if there are others.

Late addition to the LCDC family! Pretty excited to have Tread Lightly support our group.

71BA4E36-0290-46EB-B546-ACF57C9BB951.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom