LC100 RC bodyshells - what sizes and interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm in discussions with a manufacturer about producing some LC100 RC body shells. I'm trying to gauge interest as this will require a large minimum order in each size produced. there only seems to be 80 series and FJ40 out there currently.

Initially, I'm looking at something to fit my WPL C34 which is what started this. This is officially a 1/16th, but seems much larger, and regardless the scale for the LC will be different again depending on wheelbase and scaling to fit.

I will leave this thread open for a little while - if interested, please post up with:

1. Number you might purchase
2. wheelbase (well, actually full footprint e.g. 80mm x 60mm, of your chassis
3. chassis make and model/series.

After I've got some idea of what demand there is, I'll see if worth taking the plunge and ordering a whole batch to be produced for sale, in one or more sizes.

Best Regards,

Dom

so, not much interest huh? :frown:

First reply in several months sadly! Not much response on the RC forums either...

Trx4 is 1/10 isn't it? Awesome piece of kit!

I actually approached WPL in the end as they currently do the most Toyota it seems, with FJ45, Hilux and 80 series already represented, and we're actively asking what to do next. Their C34 / C44 shells are more like a 1/12 than 1/16 so there's a small chance one for the longer C44 chassis might work if they do decide to do one.

For me to proceed would need to out an order of about 50 together to make worthwhile getting one made up.

If I got about 20 together in something to fit the C44 (and see what other 1/12 or 1/10 it could fit), I would risk ordering and leave others on ebay.

Hi All,

I'm in discussions with a manufacturer about producing some LC100 RC body shells. I'm trying to gauge interest as this will require a large minimum order in each size produced. there only seems to be 80 series and FJ40 out there currently.

Initially, I'm looking at something to fit my WPL C34 which is what started this. This is officially a 1/16th, but seems much larger, and regardless the scale for the LC will be different again depending on wheelbase and scaling to fit.

I will leave this thread open for a little while - if interested, please post up with:

1. Number you might purchase
2. wheelbase (well, actually full footprint e.g. 80mm x 60mm, of your chassis
3. chassis make and model/series.

After I've got some idea of what demand there is, I'll see if worth taking the plunge and ordering a whole batch to be produced for sale, in one or more sizes.

Best Regards,

Dom
I know it’s been quiet but I’d be all over a 1/10th to fit a TRX4

I would be in for a 100 series for the C44 chassis.

Just saw this... I'd buy an LC100 body (or LX470) RC in pretty much any RC scale, and build to suit. I'm pretty sure these would sell well on ebay. Same goes for the GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom