LC100/LX470 Part-Time Conversion Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesome. Thank you sir.

Thank you! Exciting to see these finding their way to new homes. Let's see some installed pics when you get it all buttoned up.

cruiser.....do you have the kits in stock now? I guess on your site it’s listed as KitB but I’d want it with red hubs.

cruiser.....do you have the kits in stock now? I guess on your site it’s listed as KitB but I’d want it with red hubs.

I'd have to check tomorrow. We shipped out all back-orders on Friday and Monday. As of then we had enough parts to build at least one more kit. I'll be in the shop most of the day tomorrow, myself or Bryce and can check stock!

first off, I'm an idiot.
second, this video helps idiots.
third, don't accidentally double stack hub gaskets if you somehow get three or four stuck together. You won't get a c clip in there.

watch this video if you're an idiot. OR when all else fails. (pawl and spring redo)
I thought I was doing the easy part first. I guess the spool should be the easy part.

@cruiseroutfit, my apologies but I'm pretty new to individual axle parts to this level... I've just read through this thread again and I don't understand what it is you've done now to accomplish this. Was it a custom (300M?) gear for the Aisin hubs or do you somehow shorten the outer axle or is there a shorter outer axle available outside the US that you have access to and marry to a regular inner or????

Also, I'm a little unclear on what t-case spool even is... This swap is required to remove the viscous coupling of the factory spool correct? So does that mean the factory spool could allow for power to not be sent to the rear driveshaft and now this new spool will always send power to the rear?

I was in at $750 when it was the hubs, spool and gaskets but less enthusiastic at $1250 but now I've got some noise that I think is CV related so...:hmm: :hmm:

Thank you,
rjones

IS there an ATRAC permanently off thread somewhere? I can't find it.

@cruiseroutfit, my apologies but I'm pretty new to individual axle parts to this level... I've just read throughput this thread again and I don't understand what it is you've done now to accomplish this. Was it a custom (300M?) gear for the Aisin hubs or do you somehow shorten the outer axle or is there a shorter outer axle available outside the US that you have access to and marry to a regular inner or????

Also, I'm a little unclear on what t-case spool even is... This swap is required to remove the viscous coupling of the factory spool correct? So does that mean the factory spool could allow for power to not be sent to the rear driveshaft and now this new spool will always send power to the rear?

I was in at $750 when it was the hubs, spool and gaskets but less enthusiastic at $1250 but now I've got some noise that I think is CV related so...:hmm: :hmm:

Thank you,
rjones

Did you see this post?

Hmmmm, running into hurdles. The added length and spline dimensions of the US CV can be overcome with a custom inner gear but it will also require a mod to the face. We knew this early on but we are realizing it may be more than we are comfortable with.

View attachment 1637019
The interference fit, ie shaft us touching dial, see clearance needed.

View attachment 1637023
This represents a normal hub clearance, there simply isn't enough room available to clearance this amount.

Not dead in water but another minor hurdle :D

Given the AISIN hubs simply cannot happen with the US supplied CV, we opted to offer kits with outer CV joints and/or complete CV's that are compatible with our AISIN hub offerings, shown here:

Mmmmm Hmmmm :cool:

View attachment 1778687(Part# TC100PTKITA Shown)

100 Series Part-Time T-Case Conversion Kits

TC100PTKITA - $1250.00/Kit
Fits 1/1998 - 2007 IFS UZJ100
Includes 2 x OEM Outer CV Joints, CV Boot/Clamp Kit, T-Case Spool, 2 x AISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & TOOLFIPGRS (Requires re-use of original CV axle, all parts included for swap)
Cruiser Outfitters

TC100PTKITB - $1700.00/Kit
Fits 1/1998 - 2007 IFS UZJ100
Includes 2 x OEM Complete CV Axle Assemblies, T-Case Spool, 2 x AISIN Hubs (Gold, other colors available), Hub Gaskets & TOOLFIPGRS
Cruiser Outfitters

The spool replaces the center differential in the t-case and thus your CDL switch now engages the front drive. 2wd to 4wd

So while waiting on the kit, the “clicking” is getting pretty bad. Clicks when accelerating only. When maintaining speed or coasting I honestly don’t hear it at all. Since it’ll be a while for the kit to come in, is removing the axles altogether crazy to do? Any dangers in doing it?

You wouldn't want to pull them completely. You could install the T-Case spool, pull the cv's from the diff and plug the holes. At the wheel hub you would want to run the outer CV joint so that you don't damage the spindle bearing, seal, etc by leaving them exposed.

Did you order this past week?

I did. I think it was ordered Wednesday?

Cool. I was up in Montana this week doing some Toyota stuff but I'll be back in all week and will see what I can't do to expedite the axles.

Thanks man. I feel like I am waking everyone up in the neighborhood heading out every morning with all the clicks echoing off the houses

this is by far the best thing, after nav delete, that I've done to this truck.
I drove for two days with the new CVs in 4wd without the spool installed and it's pretty weird how worn your cv splines are with 200k miles. All that drive line clunk goes away, new flanges only get you halfway there.

It's so quiet in the front now. It seems like it will coast for miles. It seems faster. Over 640 miles trip it appears I gained about 1MPG.
I haven't gone crazy with it yet, but I've seen ATRAC on wet corners and it chirps tires on turns at stop signs.
Thanks Kurt.

this is by far the best thing, after nav delete, that I've done to this truck.
I drove for two days with the new CVs in 4wd without the spool installed and it's pretty weird how worn your cv splines are with 200k miles. All that drive line clunk goes away, new flanges only get you halfway there.

It's so quiet in the front now. It seems like it will coast for miles. It seems faster. Over 640 miles trip it appears I gained about 1MPG.
I haven't gone crazy with it yet, but I've seen ATRAC on wet corners and it chirps tires on turns at stop signs.
Thanks Kurt.

:cool:

Very excited at all the positive feedback on our part-pime kits. Thanks for update, please let me know how it goes as you spend more time with it.

Thanks man. I feel like I am waking everyone up in the neighborhood heading out every morning with all the clicks echoing off the houses

Shipping backorders on these kits today, yours is one of them :cool:

20181120_122108.jpg

Reactions: BEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom