LC steelies on my truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hub caps or no hubcaps on my 92? Trying to decide which looks better with the LC steelies?

20180114_133924.jpg

20180114_140711.jpg

First, that looks great. Second, do whatever you want. I prefer the no hubcap look myself.

Are these 15s? Any fitment issues? These being solid axle wheels on an IFS truck the backspacing should be wrong.

Thanks for the input guys. I have been running these wheels/33's with no hubcaps for about 2 months cause I liked the look but the hubcaps were just laying around.

msahr,
Yes, these are 15" steelies and have the 33x10.5's and have not had any fitment issues.

I'm going to agree with the crowd. If you had these on a Gen 1 Hilux I think the caps would look great. But not on a Gen 3.

35F4447B-AB95-467A-BD74-0A0E0C63A55D.jpeg

I love the sterile look. I don’t have any hubcaps but now you have me thinking. I think your truck looks awsome without the hubcaps but maybe I’m biased.

View attachment 1612593
I love the sterile look. I don’t have any hubcaps but now you have me thinking. I think your truck looks awsome without the hubcaps but maybe I’m biased.

Nice truck SFROMAN! Yours looks good with or without the hubcaps!

I left the hubcaps on my FJ40 and never lost one. Fact is they were hard to remove when you wanted them off.

Cosmetically the with vs w/o is a tough call. I do like the look of those wheels.

I have a red 89 extra cab. It has the silver decal stripes down the sides. Seeing your truck makes we want to remove those decals. Never have liked them......kind of gaudy especially given the basic clean lines of the truck.

Anybody ever removed the factory decal stripes?

SEPT 2010 ENGINEER PASS SUMMIT RS.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. You will find the paint around them is faded (red is especially bad at fading), so the outline of the stickers will still be there. I suppose you could wet sand and polish to get rid of it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I have a red 89 extra cab. It has the silver decal stripes down the sides. Seeing your truck makes we want to remove those decals. Never have liked them......kind of gaudy especially given the basic clean lines of the truck.

Anybody ever removed the factory decal stripes?

View attachment 1612626

Yes. You will find the paint around them is faded (red is especially bad at fading), so the outline of the stickers will still be there. I suppose you could wet sand and polish to get rid of it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I agree with KLF about not removing the stripes. Mine were removed since the paint was really faded & scratched. Truck was repainted...

The risk of fading is what has been holding me back. Thanks for the confirmation.

I agree with KLF about not removing the stripes. Mine were removed since the paint was really faded & scratched. Truck was repainted...

At this stage of my game a paint job is not going to happen so I guess I'm stuck with the damn stripes. The truck has so much chrome I guess it fits anyway.

The truck has so much chrome I guess it fits anyway.

I have been getting rid of the chrome, my son made me front/rear bumpers, I am debating on whether to black or grey out the grille....

front bpr.jpg

That's a good looking pickup. I tend to like simple without all the bling.

When I bought mine it had the factory alloy wheels and big tires. That worked fine in the flatlands. Moved to Colorado and the truck would hardly get out of its own way. I bought Toyota steel wheels from maybe a Tacoma and put on small tires (as shown in the photo). Basically rubber low gearing and it made a big difference in performance. But my little tires get lost in those huge wheel arches.

I like the look of your Cruiser wheels and 33s. I'd have to regear mine to do that.

That's a good looking pickup. I tend to like simple without all the bling.

When I bought mine it had the factory alloy wheels and big tires. That worked fine in the flatlands. Moved to Colorado and the truck would hardly get out of its own way. I bought Toyota steel wheels from maybe a Tacoma and put on small tires (as shown in the photo). Basically rubber low gearing and it made a big difference in performance. But my little tires get lost in those huge wheel arches.

I like the look of your Cruiser wheels and 33s. I'd have to regear mine to do that.

Thanks! Mine came with 235/15's originally, I had been running 33's & 4:10 gears for about 5 years until I found 4.88 factory gears off a 4-runner. I really like this combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom