LC interior color codes for dye? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all -

I have a 2000 LC. Brown/tan interior. I ordered a can of the oak brown dye, code #43 from a place online (classicdyeproducts.com). Their web site shows it to be dark brown (which is what I needed), with the lower tan being Light Oak, #42. The can I got contains light tan, but says #43 on it.

Trying to find out if they messed up before I call them and make a small fuss.

Anyone know the actual Toyota code numbers for the Oak/tan interiors? Google is not being my friend today!

Thanks!
Mark
Orlando, FL

Last edited:
The oak interior code is LA40. It should be on the bottom of your VIN tag in the DS door sill.
IMG_4923.jpg

I used Leatherique's dye a while back. It did cure darker than when it first went on, but I still should have had it color-matched.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply! LA40 isn't the code for the dye color for the individual colors, though. It's the Toyota code for the entire interior. I need the color info with a bit more granularity, one more layer of info down, since I already have one of the colors - I need the other one.

Looking at their website, #43 looks to be a color used in Previas and Sequoias, not necessarily the accent color in LA40 Oak interiors. If you are looking for the darker brown color on the dash, steering wheel, tops of door cards, airbag, etc., then that's going to be tough to get right without color-matching.

It will appear lighter as a liquid. Test it out. Post back with your results, I need some for the top of my DS door.

Pretty much, none of the dyes available online are right. Not even close, don't bother. I went with a local restorer, who color matched it perfectly.

SEM is bang on for color match on the tan. I'm sure they have the brown but I have not needed it yet.

Already tried it, and even talked to them on the phone first. Not even close. Cost me almost $50 to find out.

Odd, you must have received wrong color, mine was perfect match sprayed directly on leather, couldn't tell one side from the other.
What code did you try? I'll try and find my invoice.

Odd, you must have received wrong color, mine was perfect match sprayed directly on leather, couldn't tell one side from the other.
What code did you try? I'll try and find my invoice.
It's been a year + since I tried it. It was for the dark brown, I took their recommendation as they did not have a direct match. No idea what it is now. Didn't work, they said too bad, moved on.

I didn't try the dark brown as stated, just the tan and the tan is a perfect match.

SEM is bang on for color match on the tan. I'm sure they have the brown but I have not needed it yet.

17293 SEM is Toyota Ivory, exact match.
No idea on the brown.

That would be SEM Classic Coat. Thanks.

Yes, Classic Coat is the only product SEM makes for leather and vinyl. If you wanted to do the carpet use 15853 Ivory SEM Color Coat.

No, not true. SureCoat is also for leather. And an awful lot of people mistakenly use ColorCoat on leather.

SureCoat is not available in Aerosol and has to be mixed with a limited color selection.

SureCoat is not available in Aerosol and has to be mixed with a limited color selection.

But it does have at least a dozen "SEM tans" which was your original description. Thanks for the improvement in detail - should be helpful to some future readers.

Btw, SureCoat may be the best way to get the brown. Something in the low 5200s, depends a bit on how much sun fading you're had. If you stick with it you can eventually nail it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom