LC 200 vs LX 570 current (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can't add sliders to the 570.

Of course you can. It may not be as easy to just order a part already made and toss it on but it's most definitely possible.

Here's my choices at present
e the miles

Votes?

...via IH8MUD app

I know you already chose yours, but the one thing i truly HATE in the LC200 is the ridiculous and outdated DVD in the ceiling. With LX you can actually order without the DVD headrests. At least with the LX you could just remove them without having a gaping hole in the ceiling. Even better is that on just a few years earlier, there were some LX not ordered with the DVD junk so that's even easier/cheaper.

I know you already chose yours, but the one thing i truly HATE in the LC200 is the ridiculous and outdated DVD in the ceiling. With LX you can actually order without the DVD headrests. At least with the LX you could just remove them without having a gaping hole in the ceiling. Even better is that on just a few years earlier, there were some LX not ordered with the DVD junk so that's even easier/cheaper.

Im one of the strange ones that has an LX with no DVD.

Because it's extra weight (up high) and features I have no need for but still had to pay for.

Why would the ceiling monitor bug you? Its almost invisible when its folder up out of the way.
It's very much IN the way for my uses of such a vehicle. I sleep in the back more often than some people use hotels. That thing in the ceiling is ridiculous - as well as sooo 90's ;) If I did have children, they'd have their own ipads anyway.

Yes, to each their own....I was joking about the ipads but you can easily have movies on one from either a netflix account or downloaded prior to departure.

Regardless, I wouldn't have my children just staring at a screen for hours while on a trip. The trip IS the entertainment.

However, if I wanted to watch a movie while parked/camped on a trip, I'd use my laptop for the much larger screen.

Yes, to each their own....I was joking about the ipads but you can easily have movies on one from either a netflix account or downloaded prior to departure.

Regardless, I wouldn't have my children just staring at a screen for hours while on a trip. The trip IS the entertainment.

However, if I wanted to watch a movie while parked/camped on a trip, I'd use my laptop for the much larger screen.
Is it safe to say you don't have little kids/toddlers? The rear entertainment is a life saver for long trips and even then doesn't always work...LOL Screaming kids dropping pacifiers or iPads non stop literally sucks when driving... dvd is great as they are cheap and kids don't care about picture/sound quality...

they should be tossing toys around and learning about the world. not blowing their little minds on the dvd BS ;)

In with the "new to me"

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1405203002.998553.jpg

Out with my Daily Driver

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1405203057.419336.jpg

2005 Sequoia Limited 4x4 for sale

...via IH8MUD app

Mostly I hate having to pay for something I didn't want .... But it was fun telling the sales guy that his argument about keeping kids entertained in the back seat was moot.

However, if I have to have those 10 pounds or so, I'd rather see them at floorboard level than up high....

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

The only person that brought up macho is you... I'm talking about availability of parts and ease of installation in relation to intended off road usage level. I seriously doubt anyone on these boards couldn't have sprung an extra 10K for the Lexus if they had wanted to.

Now if you want to talk about dealer experience, Lexus wins hands down. Personally, I would feel like a buffoon rolling a 570 into a Lexus dealership with an ARB front and rear, Metal Tech sliders, winch, etc. = D
i roll my lx570 intp the toyota dealer ship with, tjm bull bar, tjm snorkel, tjm bashplates and manta exhaust. love it

Congrats on the new purchase @KY Longhunter! Can't go wrong with a LC.

Just to add to the LC vs. LX conversation since I've recently been going through the same decision. The two vehicles are so similar that it really comes down to what is important to you and what you will use it for. In general, the LX is a more comfortable truck for 99% of people, especially with the adjustable suspension. IF all you plan to do is change wheels and tires, the LX will be more versatile, comfortable and even more capable than a LC. However, for that 1% that will add heavy bumpers, a rack, winch, sliders, etc, the LX's advantage goes away because you have to replace the suspension. So the key thing really comes down to how much you plan to modify the thing.

Other smaller factors:
  • Service: yes, a Lexus dealer, on average will be better. So take your LC to a Lexus dealer for service so not really a factor
  • Road noise: if you plan on adding more aggressive tires and road noise is a big deal to you, then you will probably want to add more sound deadening material regardless of which one you choose. I've driven both and couldn't tell a difference on stock tires anyway.
  • Sound system: The LX is available, and usually optioned with, the Mark Levinson system with 19 speakers (vs 14) and 7.1 channel setup sounds awesome. The LC's JBL isn't bad, but the difference is noticable
  • Availability: the LX is far more popular, so you might get a better deal or be able to find one from a local dealer vs. having to travel
  • Towing: in stock form, the LC can to 1000 pounds more
  • Apps and Tech: Lexus has a ton of additional features like their app and Lexus Enform that I don't think the LC has
  • User Interface: depending on the year, the LX might come with Remote Touch or whatever it's called. It's a little mouse looking thing for navigating through all of the menus. I personally don't like it and prefer buttons and dials, but some people like it I guess
  • Looks: totally subjective but the LC looks much better to me, but more importantly I think the LC's looks will age better. If you plan on keeping it for a while, this becomes more of a factor
  • Seats: same exact leather, but you can get heated and cooled 2nd row in the LX and I think the LX's seats have a bit more adjustability
  • Badge: some people don't like the idea of driving around in a "lexus", as if it automatically came with an AARP membership and a "get off my lawn" bumper sticker. I personally find that more appealing because of the reaction from people when they see a modified or really muddy lexus.
Either way, you simply can't go wrong with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom