LC 200 vs LX 570 current (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah, curiously, I went searching for various coils. Didn't find that but found something called SuperSprings SumoSprings. It's a foam rubber insert that fit inbetween the coils. Super easy to install too, and they have various applications for tons of vehicles. They seem well reviewed too!

video - SuperSprings SumoSprings Coil Spring Stiffeners

Pretty well reviewed on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/SuperSprings...F8&qid=1507431714&sr=8-7&keywords=SUMOSPRINGS
Oh, no stay away from those. Now your back into my world of coils and shocks. Spacers between the coils is hell on the coil, and messes with compression badly.

I can't say it better than @TeCKis300 and @Ohnoitsbreaux — the AHC is really robust. For how I use my rig, it's the perfect, no compromise solution. It fits in parking garages, my small children can climb in, and with a flick of a switch I get 2-3" of lift on demand and can hit almost any trail.

It goes without saying, if you want to wheel hard, add on tons of bumpers and armor, it might not be for you.

Love the LX build and the Icon wheels. Keep an eye on the center caps. If you can spin the plastic part of the cap by hand pop it off and re-glue it. I lost one somewhere in Canyonlands, though Icon sent me a free replacement

Thread resurrection here....if the AHC is a spring and hydraulic ram, then to lift the vehicle, could one not just find a taller replacement ram?

Thread resurrection here....if the AHC is a spring and hydraulic ram, then to lift the vehicle, could one not just find a taller replacement ram?

Don't even need that. 10mm wrench and 10 minutes adjusting some sensors is all it takes. But really, there's almost no reason to unless one wants the static taller look. Because AHC is the best of all worlds. Stability and lower center of gravity for tarmac work. And lift on demand when one wants it. I find my 33.2" tires to offer just the perfect amount of lift with out lifting via suspension. If I wanted more height, I would seek 34" tires still before lifting the suspension. As that's true lift.

If one must, here's how:
LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!)

I found the sensors the other day after I found that thread before. Great stuff. I was about to sell my lx until I found forums like this. Thanks for the advice. Still wonder if there is a ram out there with a longer range of travel for the AHC. Almost like remote reservoir shocks give.

I don't believe one exists currently.

Note that AHC does work on the concept of remote reservoir. And a remote damper mechanism. And a bunch of other crazy valving/plumbing/solenoids to tie it all together. Under active computer control. I think a lot of people underestimate it because it's not shiny on the outside with loud color accents. Seriously. You won't find a more broadly competent system out there.

I hope the AHC us reliable long term. My 2010 lx570 was t boned and had what looked like repairable damage...no frame damage. But insurance totalled it out because the Toyota dealer repair shop could not figure out how to economically repair all the lines between the frame rail and the smashed running board. I believe those are AHC lines.

Here is my 15' LX with Slee sliders and a few other mods. Up next: roof rack, light bar(s), interior mods.

We all have our own opinion and I vacillated between the two for a long time. When it came down to it, there were more LX for sale vs LC, but fewer modded LX- thus, I went down that route. Is everything more exensive? To my knowledge thus far, the bumpers (Slee custom) were (and to be expected), but my 12k lb winch was same, as well as lighting and interior mods to the truck should be same. Wheels/tires etc all the same. There was some extra cost for the sliders, but I am ok paying that as they have already saved me a few times. We can call it vanity or just a prettier LC, but the AHC has proven tremendously robust for me. I have done a few very technical trails (Red) but majority of my wheeling is for elk scouting and make out spots (jk!) for stargazing. If I wanted to tackle the crazy technical/boulder size trails I prob would've gone with an older LC and lifted it with 40s, but that's just not the type of wheeling I do. I enjoyed seeing my truck in with the LC200s in Colorado this year and we all enjoyed the same trails (even with my 33s) vs the stock guys and ones with 35s, albeit I guess I stuck out like the red headed step child. This will be a timeless topic to pontificate over, but for my needs, the LX I have and have modded has done a stellar job offroad. I def feel more challenged/afraid before my rig does.

Hope you all are well and safe out there.

View attachment 1546190

View attachment 1546191

View attachment 1546192

View attachment 1546193

I noticed you had Texas plates. I have a 2013 LX 570 and cannot seem to find anyone in the central Texas area that has any idea how to mod anywhere near what you have done. Would love to get anywhere close to what you have done without blatantly copying. I reached out to Slee and am currently contemplating driving up there over the holidays while in New Mexico since most people tell me like I am crazy for "wanting to take the LX offroad". I had a 1998 LC previously and didn't have this issue. If you have any recs on shops, they would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed you had Texas plates. I have a 2013 LX 570 and cannot seem to find anyone in the central Texas area that has any idea how to mod anywhere near what you have done. Would love to get anywhere close to what you have done without blatantly copying. I reached out to Slee and am currently contemplating driving up there over the holidays while in New Mexico since most people tell me like I am crazy for "wanting to take the LX offroad". I had a 1998 LC previously and didn't have this issue. If you have any recs on shops, they would be greatly appreciated.

Where in TX are you? There are a few around Dallas that will do the work

In Houston you could try Javier’s or Duggys Garage. In Dallas I would call Baertrax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom