LC 200 vs LX 570 current (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my choices at present

2011 LC 59,000 miles $48,000

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1403963822.394392.jpg

2011 LX570 35,000 miles $56,900

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1403963833.185580.jpg

$8000 difference but twice the miles

Votes?

...via IH8MUD app

Between those two ... definitely the LX w/ 35,000 miles.

Generally, I prefer LC's - I've owned 4 of them over the past 35 years, but between just those two vehicles I'd go with the LX.

I am on my third LC since the 40 in 1975 and it is an emotional attachment but I agree with gaijin completely. I might have Lexus pull the data codes and give it a once over, but I suspect it has been babied.

Like the guy with the 85k LC is any more likely than had he purchased an LX? And considering the ROW LC offers AHC (just like with the 100), I will again say AHC is often unjustly maligned here solely due to it being a "Lexus" option. I just do not get this whole idea of one or the other being somehow more macho, etc.

I would second that. I have a 2013 AHC equipped LC 200 and I would not trade in the AHC for anything. I do go off road, hardcore.
Need to mention I also have a LC 100 with Radflo shocks, Total Chaos Arms, King rear springs, OME heavy diesel torsion bars, and rear air-lift bags. I still prefer the AHC setup.

I had the same choice and chose the LX. LC was actually quite a bit cheaper but I got a really good deal on a nearly new LX. Dealership experience was also a huge factor - Lexus dealers seem to be much better trained and focus on customer service.

Not mentioned yet... but the warranty between the two is different:

LC
Basic: 3 year / 36,000 miles
Drivetrain 5 year / 60,000 miles
Roadside 2 year / 25,000 miles
Rust 5 year / Unlimited miles

LX
Basic: 4 year / 50,000 miles
Drivetrain 6 year / 70,000 miles
Roadside 4 year / Unlimited miles
Rust 6 year / Unlimited miles

I can't answer your technical questions - but I currently own a 2008 LC and a 2014 LX....... The LX is so much nicer all around I wouldn't know where to begin..

That being said, the LX is my wifes car and the LC is my DD.. I love the thing to death - it takes all my abuse and comes back for more... Hope to own it for at least another 10 years

Ok I'll bite, LC because it says Land Cruiser on the back. You could get a used '13 for $60k I bet.

...via IH8MUD app

Like the guy with the 85k LC is any more likely than had he purchased an LX? And considering the ROW LC offers AHC (just like with the 100), I will again say AHC is often unjustly maligned here solely due to it being a "Lexus" option. I just do not get this whole idea of one or the other being somehow more macho, etc.

The only person that brought up macho is you... I'm talking about availability of parts and ease of installation in relation to intended off road usage level. I seriously doubt anyone on these boards couldn't have sprung an extra 10K for the Lexus if they had wanted to.

Now if you want to talk about dealer experience, Lexus wins hands down. Personally, I would feel like a buffoon rolling a 570 into a Lexus dealership with an ARB front and rear, Metal Tech sliders, winch, etc. = D

Now if you want to talk about dealer experience, Lexus wins hands down. Personally, I would feel like a buffoon rolling a 570 into a Lexus dealership with an ARB front and rear, Metal Tech sliders, winch, etc. = D

Thats a funny thought, if it was covered in mud that would be even better.

Thats a funny thought, if it was covered in mud that would be even better.

Ha, that is EXACTLY what it looks like when I take my LX450 to the Lexus dealership.......

One day I will add winch, sliders, aux fuel tank, etc. Pretty stock right now except for some oversize, more aggressive tires.

They got a kick when I brought my 200 in for service looking like this and asked if service still includes a free car wash.

image-1089220947-jpg.848665

You can't add sliders to the 570.

well I ended up going with the Land Cruiser!

$8000 is $8000 : )

Deciding to buy a Land Cruiser can never really be a bad decision :D

Congratulations :clap:

The only person that brought up macho is you... I'm talking about availability of parts and ease of installation in relation to intended off road usage level. I seriously doubt anyone on these boards couldn't have sprung an extra 10K for the Lexus if they had wanted to.

You are right. However, that is the exact sentiment often expressed around here and I should have clarified that was not something you inferred, but I believe my point is valid.

I am on the precipice of buying a 200 and remain brand agnostic. Hoser brings up a very important point about warranty. 200's are bloody expensive and will no doubt remain so due to such low sales here.

Accordingly, I am even considering purchasing one new which is something I am generally exceptionally loath to do. Just reckon if paying min $45k for the one I want , why not go all in and get exactly what you want...

You are right. However, that is the exact sentiment often expressed around here and I should have clarified that was not something you inferred, but I believe my point is valid.

I am on the precipice of buying a 200 and remain brand agnostic. Hoser brings up a very important point about warranty. 200's are bloody expensive and will no doubt remain so due to such low sales here.

Accordingly, I am even considering purchasing one new which is something I am generally exceptionally loath to do. Just reckon if paying min $45k for the one I want , why not go all in and get exactly what you want...

I bought my LC200 from the dealership with 7K miles on it and an extended 100K warranty. It was the dealer demo car and I paid $55K for it... literally 1/3 discounted for 7,000 miles. Just shows you how much mark up is in these rigs.

I bought my LC200 from the dealership with 7K miles on it and an extended 100K warranty. It was the dealer demo car and I paid $55K for it... literally 1/3 discounted for 7,000 miles. Just shows you how much mark up is in these rigs.

Nicely done. And please believe something like your purchase would certainly qualify as new to me. I generally wait for a decent amount of depreciation to hit as I just cannot wrap my head around the idea of an item being simply driven off a lot instantly being worth 20% (or whatever the number generally is) less.

So you buy used clothes, used electronics and used furniture?

Electronics and furniture for sure! I've gotten some killer deals on high end electronic equipment. Mattresses not so much lol. Though my 991 C4S was brand new. = D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom