LANDTANK rear bolt on tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is awesome! Any ideas on what the price point will be?
Tankman,

Got a price yet? I believe I purchased a CDN from you years ago.

Gman

No idea on price yet. This carrier is going back along with some minor changes to really dial it in .

Then there will be 3 production units made. A final fitting and then a final build cost.

However I should get a rough idea on cost as well as shipping costs this weekend.

Subbed. Also wondering about the actual location of the outside edge of the tire. It looks like it blocks the whole driver side lights in one pic, but not even close in another.

Last edited:
Subbed. Also wondering about the actual location of the outside edge of the tire. It looks like it blocks the whole driver side lights in one pic, but not even close in another.

Camera angle would be my guess. As well thought out as the carrier is....I'm sure he didn't overlook something as critical as not blocking the taillight.

Definitely want to follow this thread and the product.

as built it does encroach on the lights but that is getting moved 1.5" closer to the center of the truck. This should place the tire completely out of the way of the lights.

Sooooo, how's it mounted? Surely more than the two clearly seen bolts in the center.

Interesting. As much as I’m a “pay once, cry once” kind of guy, if the price is reasonable I may be persuaded to get this while waiting for my truck to sell.

Sooooo, how's it mounted? Surely more than the two clearly seen bolts in the center.

Yes, there will be a provided drill template to drill 2 additional holes in the cross member near the edge of the bumper corner. Then two additional bolts come from behind for a total of 4 bolts.

Yes, there will be a provided drill template to drill 2 additional holes in the cross member near the edge of the bumper corner. Then two additional bolts come from behind for a total of 4 bolts.

Thank you, Rick!

At this point the carrier that I have is getting packed up and sent back. So with my truck in pieces from a repaint, pics like that will have to wait unfortunately.

He estmates a 4-5 week delivery of the first 3 carriers.

At this point the carrier that I have is getting packed up and sent back. So with my truck in pieces from a repaint, pics like that will have to wait unfortunately.

Are there three different "models" of carriers or just the first three units are 4-5 weeks out. Sorry for the confusion.

Also looking forward to seeing it with the bumper assembled.

you need help reassembling shoot me a text.

Are there three different "models" of carriers or just the first three units are 4-5 weeks out. Sorry for the confusion.

Also looking forward to seeing it with the bumper assembled.

I bought spindles and hardware for 3 carriers. One of the carriers is mine, a friend has first refusal on the second one and the third will be up for grabs if anyone wants it.

After those three I can make more if people want them.

I'd be interested in the third unit, keep in touch as they get closer to completion.

Best

Any update on how these are progressing?

I got an update Friday and he's starting to assemble them this weekend. I made a bunch of little changes and some of those changes required making new parts. One of those items was the index ring and slide. That change keeps the end of the carrier as far in from the corner as possible and shrank the size of the shipping box to where shipping costs will be around $60.00 CONUS through UPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom