Land Cruisers Manufactured? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Japan. Born and Raised. And yes, Johnny is correct. Fender flares stock. My Japan 44 had the same. Thanks u guys. Will send pics later today. Will have time.

Hello White Stripe,,,,here is my 1981 BJ44. It had the factory built in flares also. Not sure how far back they went. Johnny might know.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You got that from Japan? If I'm not mistaken only cruisers restored in Columbia have the rear quarter panel molded flares on the rear. Also the front fenders look like Columbia reproduction fenders, I can usually tell because the outer edging is bent differently than factory fenders. Also the apron badge is in the incorrect location. That looks like a Columbia cruiser to me, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Believe was some kind of law in Columbia that prevented hard tops to be imported which explains all the locally built hard tops on the cruisers now being imported.:meh:

I agree that the fender flare rear quarters were from the factory and in more than just the Columbian market.

81' afaik was the first year for the rear flares

And yes the Colombian cruisers were imported no top as they had nationalization laws that specified so much had to be domestically produced ... many countries had these laws in place

81' afaik was the first year for the rear flares

And yes the Colombian cruisers were imported no top as they had nationalization laws that specified so much had to be domestically produced ... many countries had these laws in place

NZ had the same law as well, for an example rear jump seat frames were built in Christchurch. They used plywood for rear seat backs instead of sheet metal with factory ribs. LOL.

Advanced timing. Got my power back. 1st gear no black smoke. 2,3,4,5 still black smoke on acceleration. Will have injectors checked out. Anybody ever use seafoam before? Thanks for assist you guys.

Thanks Beno. And thanks for your advice on the cruiser. I want to get this thing in perfect running condition. Every aspect. I don't want to restore it, just want to get it back to perfect original condition and it really doesn't need too much. I really got lucky on this one. Thanks again. D

"Living in the Past": Hope all well. Have you used the walking stick? :) Loving this BJ46. It pretty much has everything that I have always wanted in a cruiser. BTW, the brochure shows white spokers on the 1983 BJ46-V-MCM. That is the model I have. It arrived from Japan with custom wheels. Not bad but I wanted the grey steels and caps so I put them on a week ago. The cruiser is in amazing condition having come from Saporro. Very little rust. Interior, especially the seats are in stellar condition. Tool bag and all other goodies intact. I will try and find out more about the previous owner and the cruisers history. Take care. Dave

"Living in the Past": Will check PTO spline and report back. Center console is brown and heater under there. Controls on back of console. D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom