Events/Trails Keystone Cruisers Club Activities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wharton is usually where we start, I've a few tracks saved. It's nothing too overwhelming, but can be deceiving. My avatar pic is a day i sunk the LC out there.

I'll need to head your way and follow you around sometime. Last time I was there we were in my friend's bone-stock Nissan Xterra and we literally had to try to get dirty. I joked that my bones stock Mazda 3 could have wheeled there without much issue. The park staff also seemed to really discourage 4x4's and were adamant that we "Stick to the trails." The latter seems like a no-brainer to me, but apparently people we leaving the trails to find bogs to get stuck in and tearing up the native vegetation.

I'd love an excuse to get up that way and hit up Pick-a-Lili Inn for some wings before I head home. Just need to get the wheel back on my truck...which apparently is a lot to ask these days...

Anyone plan on going wheeling this month? Haven't seen anything posted yet.

Hello-
First time in this group and by reading the posts you guys seem to know the trails around pretty well.
I am total newbie in this, although with plenty of car experience my cars haven’t left the pavement for at least last 15 years. Currently happen to own a totally stock 03gx470 that I care a bit less about and can use for some off-pavement fun. Being in Sparta NJ I am 2 hours away from pine barrens and anything in PA - eg Pottsville.

What I am looking for is a piece of advice where I should start? Links/groups/locations is what I could use help with.

TIA.

23C4006F-1753-4984-B5DA-FBBCDA018916.jpeg

Last edited:
This is pretty much the only "link" you need.
Thanks Brian, I sure will be on a lookout in this tread.
I see you have nice collection of LC's. In old days I used to ride in 80 series diesel across the pond. Good times.

Is there any FB group to watch for these types of events in LC/GX/LX etc in nearby areas.

Thanks! Not to repeat myself - is a stock car still ok to go? I may try to grab some better tires but that would be it.

I’d probably wait until a green trail day is declared, especially if you haven’t been out on the trails before. We generally do them a couple times a year. As a point of reference I have an almost stock height FJ40 (31” tires, 2” lift, rear locker) Generally that’s a good balance of challenge and fun in a stock-ish vehicle.

I’ve been wanting to run my 40 up to Wharton State Park and fool around in the Pine Barrens a bit. Last time I was there, it was in a stock Nissan Xterra and we had no trouble at all.

I’d probably wait until a green trail day is declared, especially if you haven’t been out on the trails before. We generally do them a couple times a year. As a point of reference I have an almost stock height FJ40 (31” tires, 2” lift, rear locker) Generally that’s a good balance of challenge and fun in a stock-ish vehicle.

I’ve been wanting to run my 40 up to Wharton State Park and fool around in the Pine Barrens a bit. Last time I was there, it was in a stock Nissan Xterra and we had no trouble at all.
F40 sounds like a fun! Thanks for your response.
Pine barrens in order for me, sounds like.
I will be monitoring this tread.
I also realize that with all kids activities there is no reason for going for full blown mud runner if I will be doing 3-4 times a year.
I will try to get tires that make sense; some A/T tires.

So, it’s probably a bit of a stretch for me to make it to PA next weekend, but Pine Barrens are only 30 minutes away. I could be good to go there for Saturday.

I might be interested in the Pine Barrens trip on Saturday.

Thanks! Not to repeat myself - is a stock car still ok to go? I may try to grab some better tires but that would be it.
Agreed with previous replies, we will announce a green trail run most likely coming up in May.

If you are interested in off-roading; in addition to tires, I would suggest shopping for rocker protection/sliders and probably a rear bumper next on the list for your vehicle.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.

Agreed with previous replies, we will announce a green trail run most likely coming up in May.

If you are interested in off-roading; in addition to tires, I would suggest shopping for rocker protection/sliders and probably a rear bumper next on the list for your vehicle.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trails.
Thanks Pacer. All good points.
Is a rear bumper on gx something that gets beaten that often? Watching a video in earlier pages of this thread I can see how stock side steps would fly away on first turn.

Looking at that list I may just sell this and buy something already built. I know it is lazy way but between what I threw at the car modifications and learnt not to do it again, and my limited time and budget I probably should be getting something "ready" to enjoy. Or maybe just do minimum now and after I feel that I like it prepare better for next year.

So, is there enough interest for Pine Barrens/Wharton this Saturday AM?

Meet at Atsion Ranger Station? Somewhere else? What time? I’m up for keeping it low key, can start pretty early, but should start heading back home by early afternoon. Even if it’s only 1-2 other people, it’ll be fairly easy going, more of a shakedown for me than anything else.

Thoughts?

So, is there enough interest for Pine Barrens/Wharton this Saturday AM?

Meet at Atsion Ranger Station? Somewhere else? What time? I’m up for keeping it low key, can start pretty early, but should start heading back home by early afternoon. Even if it’s only 1-2 other people, it’ll be fairly easy going, more of a shakedown for me than anything else.

Thoughts?
I am in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom