Keystone Cruisers annual Meeting Shady Maple (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And for those looking for something to do afterwards, the Cabin Fever Expo isn't too far away and runs that weekend: Cabin Fever

For those not familiar with it, it's a "model engineering expo" - hand built scale models of everything from live steam (model trains operating on real steam), r/c heavy equipment, scale engines running on fuel, a pool with r/c boats, tools and supplies to make all of it, and more... Definitely worth checking out if you've never been to one. Check out the link for more details and photos.

LEBANON VALLEY EXPO CENTER
80 Rocherty Road
Lebanon, PA 17042

jVDBPhIlxfJ_Y_688BZa58cMisSQl3ndzoPgVqp9auchECSde65j1f0xIyIk0d_K6u55YvGqNiuECuvxWA=w330-h220
1EoFAy6YFwfKL2gAVn2bgSlW7VvwHLBg7sKrpvV01UjH2703X869hL2uRcSMX6967AzINTyDyF1Z92u2dA=w330-h220
PdXWZR-EpovhJfm1hwIm6B3avdpXxtZAZ4PnKTM-HC50X7JnsFPzaXiUc-lnfvmhk2gS0mCe97fo5oVVlA=w330-h220
8a79RDcEG9etaJRqdr0Dn5rmBVeu5DnAN8lX0HZm14zHMYjK5S10lmwDhNq2M2gi5bTaLTw3XmhXU66WWA=w330-h220
5hHukaOz0Qq53BZh1ZB_1eCzF2MCJPtPxcUCGoa-ykPbCdLpmuG0i2S0L7hHFYkA2xwkdHHRM4flM4_Urw=w147-h220
37wMD6UTrsb5zOMUDF96wqaXeL42_9gTcRvEQoogJirPx8UtlnNrk0ehbMZzwFqX1FMadzLvfUwdoXyTnA=w330-h220
0ESJbGCaSXXBvMKLRS3G8oV0DjIpwlj0Bq0kIb24afuL99neQ071q6RZMTkkcph8okMsdjl8P3KQJ10tGQ=w330-h220
JYrxBglTSHA968vE36CRLsUCWGMKhU_Z09SwrRa3IYGmX8eCbaLe3NL-oNmfLz_-v8VhTml09K0nlCqNJQ=w330-h220

It's moved around. Years ago it was out in Reading, then moved to the York Fairgrounds, and now is back to Lebanon for several years. This is the 23rd year.

If you appreciate machinery and/or machinists, it's worth checking out.

Totally going!

I couldn't find pictures online (have to dig through my own), but the one room has a dumptruck load of dirt in it and all the r/c trucks, bulldozers, and other equipment are digging into it and hauling it around. One guy has built an r/c dragline that is the major component of this scene. I've been watching him build it for the past 15+ years.

Here's a picture from three years ago. He was able to salvage the controls from an actual dragline and wire his r/c controls into it. The guy sitting in the seat is his son - who was a little kid when he started the project.

My grandfather operated draglines out in the coalfields of Ohio and he took me out to them when I was a little kid. I wish he were still alive to see this. He would get a heckuva kick out of talking to these guys and would be up for a chance to operate it.

IMG_0242edit.JPG

I found a picture from the 2003 show. The guy on the left is the builder and this is the start of the frame for the dragline.

IMG_0686edit.JPG

In previous years, he had built this CAT for his son to play around with - complete with fully operational 6-way blade.

IMG_0685edit.JPG

Sooty and I will be there.

Hey all, weather permitting I’m going to try to run the 40 up from northern MD - it would be cool to meet everyone.

It’s a 45mi trip in a somewhat questionable FJ40 - so if I “no-show” send a search party ;)

@RWBeringer4x4
If you’re coming up though York, hit me up and we’ll caravan a couple of old 40’s over together. If the weather’s bad, I’ll be in wifey’s LX570. In fact, it would be fun to get a group of us Yorkers headed over together... @fireball?

Hey all, weather permitting I’m going to try to run the 40 up from northern MD - it would be cool to meet everyone.

It’s a 45mi trip in a somewhat questionable FJ40 - so if I “no-show” send a search party ;)

@RWBeringer4x4
If you’re coming up though York, hit me up and we’ll caravan a couple of old 40’s over together. If the weather’s bad, I’ll be in wifey’s LX570. In fact, it would be fun to get a group of us Yorkers headed over together... @fireball?

Unfortunately I’m further East - wrong side of the Susquehanna - otherwise it would be great to meet up and caravan. I’m basically a straight shot up rt. 272 to 897 or route 10 from North East.

I'm In

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom