Just got an 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumper re-attached and new (temporary) tailpipe installed. It's good like that till I get to the muffler shop. Good tobe able to drive the big unit again!

Stereo 80 1.jpg
Stereo 80 book.jpg
Back off Greg! lol

Took a pic of the stereo and the book that came with it. It works well. Fits perfectly in the 80 dash, too. The switch above the stereo with the lit green lights is the level indcator and pump switch for the auxiliary tank.

That looks clean! I think I'll start looking for one of those today. Thanks for the pics!

Gary,

We're running the Rubicon this year (Jun 21). Come on out with your 80 and join us!

Moving back to CT in July, so I figured this was my last chance to run the Rubicon.

Joe

Some pics. It's a great truck although an exhaust problem melted some of the rear wiring harness last Monday! I got the replcement piece yesterday and as soon as temps allow I plan to replace the melted section. Not an easy job- the secondary gas tank almost butts up against the bottom lip of the rear sill- and the harness runs inside the sill, it's sort of captured in there. Not sure just yet how I'll snake the old one out and new one in. I had to pull the rear bumper to get the limited access that i now have to the harness. By the way the big 4ga wires that are burned went to the electric box in the passenger quarter panel I forget what Todd calls it. Supplies 115V to various oputelts in the truck. Once the wiring is fixed it goes to the muffler shop for new exhaust from the cats back.

Will also take some pics of the stereo- I believe it's from a 2007 Camry and has navigation, CD, all the good stuff. The rig also has Sirius radio!

View attachment 1209955 View attachment 1209956 View attachment 1209957
@shmukster - pretty darn sure I saw your pig parked on the corner of Snyder Rd and Bowers Rd in Ontelaunee Township yesterday!

Yeah it's there. Phil is fixing the rust spot on the hood and going over some of the scratches. he's the guy who painted and did all the bodywork on nephew Zach's red 40. he'll have the 80 until I get back from Moab. Good observation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom