Just got an 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, it's hard for me to say no to anything I consider to be a good land cruiser deal. When Todd Oldenburg (brother of Eric) emailed and told me he wasn't using his 80 anymore I was interested. i'd ridden in the 80 with Todd at Paragon years ago and remembered his truck being both interesting and of course for an 80, capable. It's a 96 with 161K on the clock. Has a TRD supercharger (!!!), locked, dual gas tanks with 60 gallon capacity, ARB front bumper with 12000 pound Warn winch, a custom rear bumper, sliders, OME lift, a cool stereo/nav unit from a later year Camry, dual battery setup, and some neat little extras. It's an odd color- a dark metallic blue.

Needs some work as it has been sitting for awhile. I ordered a new Y pipe and second cat and they should be here shortly. PHH is original but I got a blue replacement with clamps with the truck. Needs tires and I'm leaning toward a set of BFG All Terrains 315/75, that's the size on it now. Todd had done the brakes earlier this year, new rotors, pads, and calipers all around so they should be good. Typical 80 it's loaded, sunroof, leather interior, third row seats etc. She's all cleaned up and I'm anxious to get her on the road. Not sure of my plans for it but it's a neat truck that should be able to handle any trails I point it at.

Will take some pics as soon as it stops raining! Gary

You just need a 45 now and you're set! Congrats on the 80. Sounds like an awesome truck. I call dibs if you ever want to sell it.

Last edited:
You just sold an 80...

Congrats! Garry
But this Thead needs Pics!!!!

Sounds like a nice truck. You'll need every drop of gas you can hold in those 60 gallon tanks.

@shmukster sun is shining here (finally). Where are the pics?!?

Was busy today, had to remove the passenger side slider (!!!) to access the exhaust system. Not a fun job lying on the cement floor and working by yourself. The damn slider is heavy and the U-bolts that hold it to the frame fought me every thread getting them off. Of course there was a bolt with amrounded head securing the front of the slider it was a chore getting it off. Good news is the new Y pipe and both cats are installed the the truck sounds coivilized now! Next shi job is to t replace the pesky heater hose bet that will be fun. Pics to come soon. gary

@shmukster Pics or it didn't happen. Come 'on you tease!

@shmukster Sorry for the bad pic (had to wait for a care to go by it to get enough light.) but there can't be to many orange pigs running around! Taken on the role road Reston va.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's hard for me to say no to anything I consider to be a good land cruiser deal. When Todd Oldenburg (brother of Eric) emailed and told me he wasn't using his 80 anymore I was interested. i'd ridden in the 80 with Todd at Paragon years ago and remembered his truck being both interesting and of course for an 80, capable. It's a 96 with 161K on the clock. Has a TRD supercharger (!!!), locked, dual gas tanks with 60 gallon capacity, ARB front bumper with 12000 pound Warn winch, a custom rear bumper, sliders, OME lift, a cool stereo/nav unit from a later year Camry, dual battery setup, and some neat little extras. It's an odd color- a dark metallic blue.

Needs some work as it has been sitting for awhile. I ordered a new Y pipe and second cat and they should be here shortly. PHH is original but I got a blue replacement with clamps with the truck. Needs tires and I'm leaning toward a set of BFG All Terrains 315/75, that's the size on it now. Todd had done the brakes earlier this year, new rotors, pads, and calipers all around so they should be good. Typical 80 it's loaded, sunroof, leather interior, third row seats etc. She's all cleaned up and I'm anxious to get her on the road. Not sure of my plans for it but it's a neat truck that should be able to handle any trails I point it at.

Will take some pics as soon as it stops raining! Gary

Gary,
I am curious about the camry head unit--do you happen to know which year camry it came out of? If not, could you post a pic?

Thanks!

Dan

Gary,

I'm curious when you're going to sell this 80 to me...I need a daily driver while I get stupid with my '93.

Cash waiting...in piles...all twenties to make it look like a substatial sum!

Well?

Bump for pics!

Some pics. It's a great truck although an exhaust problem melted some of the rear wiring harness last Monday! I got the replcement piece yesterday and as soon as temps allow I plan to replace the melted section. Not an easy job- the secondary gas tank almost butts up against the bottom lip of the rear sill- and the harness runs inside the sill, it's sort of captured in there. Not sure just yet how I'll snake the old one out and new one in. I had to pull the rear bumper to get the limited access that i now have to the harness. By the way the big 4ga wires that are burned went to the electric box in the passenger quarter panel I forget what Todd calls it. Supplies 115V to various oputelts in the truck. Once the wiring is fixed it goes to the muffler shop for new exhaust from the cats back.

Will also take some pics of the stereo- I believe it's from a 2007 Camry and has navigation, CD, all the good stuff. The rig also has Sirius radio!

80 burn 1.jpg
001.JPG
003.JPG

Love it! I call 2nd dibs on when you're ready to part with it.

Well I took advantage of the (relatively) decent temperature today and got the replacement harness installed. Lots of work. I ended up paralleling the old harness- several of the mouing clips and the bolt that holds the gorund wire are inaccessible with the auxiliary tank in place so I left the old harness in and just ran the new one parallel to it. When the insulation melted off the harness it blew three of the fuses- brake lights, turn signals, and wiper. Replaced all the fuses and everything works. I'm glad that job is behind me as it was a pain in the ass to do. Now I need to re-install the bumper but that won't be difficult. Mounting that 200 lb bumper without help means I'll be using my engine hoist to do the lifting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom