Joining the ranks...with an 04! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What size tires are you running? Is that stock suspension?

What size tires are you running? Is that stock suspension?
Po added 33's. There is no rubbing however the truck has helper airbags in the back and the fronts have been torqued up a tiny. Not sure how much but i like it. Looks and rides real good.

Nice truck, you should join the little group from here down in the Catskills where we do a few trails every year.

I'm up in the capital district but make the trip down to the Kingston area in the spring and fall. Hoping to setup a meet soon!

Congrats! Love the Thundercloud. Nice work on the TB - can't beat that kit from Amazon. This 4.7L seems to be very easy on timing belts and there's some evidence that the pre '06-'07 rigs are non-interference.

Being from NY, I'm sure you're well versed in undercarriage rust. I've been using Krown the last few years and it seems to be keeping the rust at bay. Not sure if you have one in your area - I know there's one in upstate NY near Amsterdam.

Nice truck, you should join the little group from here down in the Catskills where we do a few trails every year.

I'm up in the capital district but make the trip down to the Kingston area in the spring and fall. Hoping to setup a meet soon!
I def would join. I have no idea where them trails are. I have looked for places to wheel in the Cats forever but always came up empty. I have done some power lines up in Bovina but required access through someone's yard.

Congrats! Love the Thundercloud. Nice work on the TB - can't beat that kit from Amazon. This 4.7L seems to be very easy on timing belts and there's some evidence that the pre '06-'07 rigs are non-interference.

Being from NY, I'm sure you're well versed in undercarriage rust. I've been using Krown the last few years and it seems to be keeping the rust at bay. Not sure if you have one in your area - I know there's one in upstate NY near Amsterdam.
I have done my research and all the shops who seem to be dealing with applications of corrosion stoppers are way upstate. I think however, that my neighbor knows a local shop though who does ziebart and fluid film. My truck is minty fresh underneath. I am going to hate to see it start to rust.

I def would join. I have no idea where them trails are. I have looked for places to wheel in the Cats forever but always came up empty. I have done some power lines up in Bovina but required access through someone's yard.

Haha, yeah, we'd love to have you join. I'm trying to see about next month sometime during a weekend.

Edit: saw your reply to another member, don't use Zie(f)art, my friend used to work there and he said the stuff they use clogs drain holes and does more damage than good in the long run... It's basically the undercoating you buy in aerosol cans from Wal-Mart, only it costs 200x more. Mines been oil treated most of it's life, and I recently got mine Krowned in March, I'm not sure if there are any shops near you though.

Just a few shots from our previous escapades:

Img_0072.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

20171014_110642.jpg

Damn, that is awesome. Keep me in the loop..

Message me and I'll give you the link to our thread where updates are made, don't wanna hijack your thread!

Quick update on my first week with the Hundy. Never having owned a 100 series before, or even a v8, I have to say that I am pleasantly impressed. This truck is exactly what I have wanted in such a long time. I mean my 60 is quirky, and it has it's charm, the minitruck is in a league of its own, but the 100 is exceptionally easy to live with while daily driving. My commute takes me to the city and back everyday, about 130 miles round trip. The Taco I bought back in February (now for sale in the for sale section) is a great little truck. It was just too under powered with the 33" tires and the auto. The 100, even with 33's on it can really carry its heft and then some. Ultimately, I just wanted to say that I am really happy with my new truck.

Quick update on my first week with the Hundy. Never having owned a 100 series before, or even a v8, I have to say that I am pleasantly impressed. This truck is exactly what I have wanted in such a long time. I mean my 60 is quirky, and it has it's charm, the minitruck is in a league of its own, but the 100 is exceptionally easy to live with while daily driving. My commute takes me to the city and back everyday, about 130 miles round trip. The Taco I bought back in February (now for sale in the for sale section) is a great little truck. It was just too under powered with the 33" tires and the auto. The 100, even with 33's on it can really carry its heft and then some. Ultimately, I just wanted to say that I am really happy with my new truck.

Man you must be filling up the 100 every other day!

Quick update on my first week with the Hundy. Never having owned a 100 series before, or even a v8, I have to say that I am pleasantly impressed. This truck is exactly what I have wanted in such a long time. I mean my 60 is quirky, and it has it's charm, the minitruck is in a league of its own, but the 100 is exceptionally easy to live with while daily driving.

I also like my hundy, but you should try a 60 with a V8. Now that’s a nice combination.

So a bit of an update. I have removed the fender flares. I now have abunch of body damage to co tend with. Any thoughts? Will post pics tomorrow.

City commute rig opinion: get the ugliest one you can. Need that image when you are merging for tunnel/bridge and pull the classic "no stare down, just go" aggro maneuver.

So a bit of an update. I have removed the fender flares. I now have abunch of body damage to co tend with. Any thoughts? Will post pics tomorrow.

Depending on how bad it is, scratches can be wet sanded and buffed to a certain point. You're looking at a full respray if the scratches are deep enough and you want it perfect, really no way around it... I did a wet sand and buff on a friend's 200 that had fender flares on it and was able to get a good 70% out, but being black, everything showed.

Here are pics of the damage done by the flares. Just got an estimate from a random body shop. 3k to fix the problems. I wonder if i should just touch up and leave it be. Can someone in the orange county NY area recommend a shop? Thanks.
20180806_190708.jpg
landie 1.png
landie 2.png
landie 3.png
landie 4.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom