JDUB's 2010 Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Currently running the 285/75/17 with aggressive BMC. Just completed 4:88s, ARB lockers front and rear. The re-gearing by far has improved drivability, acceleration, freeway performance and low range compression braking. First long trip fuel economy penciled out at 14 mpg.
What was the cost of the 4:88’s?

Won't appear to let me upload a .obj or the zip, but if you message me your email I can send it that way. Its 48.5 mb
Must have missed this post. I can PM you my email but it wouldn't matter, email taps out at 25 mb.
Do you have a link to the site you got it from?

Must have missed this post. I can PM you my email but it wouldn't matter, email taps out at 25 mb.
Do you have a link to the site you got it from?
I tried looking for another file for a 2010-13 but couldn’t find that or the original I found before. I can send it via a google drive link?

Thanks guys. Was trying to determine if gearing would be more cost effective versus doing the exhaust and a tune. Not sure if it is...

Got er up on stands today to swap the coils. Ran into a few problems, biggest being the lower mount on the rear struts are siezed. Check this thread I made for that specific issue if you have any comments.

Had a few good guys helping, even tried to wire some light to @Roody GX, but the issues didn’t end with the struts and he was also unable to complete the install.

Could be the heat.. was 93 today.. yeah maybe that’s it..

496FBFDD-B1B3-485B-A500-18C8B73C393E.jpeg
1D0D1813-6ACB-4C1C-9040-809DD9E052D2.jpeg

Finally time for an update. Finished all the suspension mods and the rig is back on the rubber.

Based on numbers from this forum I’m sitting at just under 4” of lift even all around. Hoping things settle a bit, they are 3” springs.

Components added:

New springs (Dobinson)
Front: C59-354
Rear: C59-677V

DOBINSON diff drop
Treaty Oak KDSS spacers
Eimkeith Panhard bar relocate bracket (welded in) PCK

Got an alignment scheduled for Monday than I’ll test it out on some dirt. But first impressions feel stiff and a bit bobbly but good.

174F4C94-6106-44A2-A0A0-4B3EF27E9538.jpeg
843DC8E2-F51E-41EC-B4D0-D813FE87AC3D.jpeg

Some images of the suspension install. what I learned: to get the front coil over out, just pop the two bolts holding the ball joint to the hub, then there is no need to remove the UCA ball joint to slide them out, this will also allow one to drop the LCA low enough to get the new coil in easier. For the rear, DO NOT remove the upper links, super hard to get them back in. I had to use a spring compressor and or a ratchet strap to compress the coils to fit them in. (Probably the hardest part)

Using a strap to suck the axle up enough to attach the upper links back in.
FC4459AF-0F5C-4467-956A-3B08BA1EEC76.jpeg

Ratchet strap to get the coils in, worked maybe better than the actual spring compressor, which gets in the way.
2F830DAC-6EFC-44DF-83F8-1B781CAF082F.jpeg

AB0130E9-3C05-4E5F-BF50-9E7C4E4076E7.jpeg

The PCK went fairly easy, had to trim the mount and location a bit to get it to fit right. I read from other’s installs that it’s hard to get the rod back in the mount after installing. I can understand, the bar travels on an arc, so when it moves up it also moves over.. so to fix this, I fitted the mount in with the panhard rod attached, then tacked it in place.

After the new springs the pan hard bar was at 5.6 degrees off level, now its exactly at zero! I’d say this mod does exactly what it’s suppose to.

Before:
95A0E4F8-84C3-44E0-AA53-1AAA0F319361.jpeg

After:
8169A3B8-9823-4835-9DB1-B90283426036.jpeg

Install:
92F66492-8423-41DC-9D81-47425A1353FE.jpeg
C100B45B-E400-4107-A417-8409B2BFB05F.jpeg
CE66F78F-4F07-4673-AD7D-414091C11C23.jpeg

Diff drop:
Pretty basic install, only weird thing I came across was the “sump” attached to the driver side diff mount. I was confused by it, but in the end you can just remove it and put it back on after the spacers go in.
I think this drop was nessisary for my rig with this much lift my axles were definitly at a weird angle.

CCBA1E48-1074-40DC-AD75-C0DAF4A747FD.jpeg

Before:
2E9F7FE7-3A37-4F0B-A0DB-DF3CB23891F2.jpeg

After:
92DE4D93-A33D-4C94-BA7E-AED75D446618.jpeg

Reactions: r2m
KDSS spacers:
Should be strait forward but stupidly I removed the sway bar from the LCA.. bad move, it’s really hard to get it back in place, and involves removing the whole bar, starting at the LCA then getting it back on the pistons. Instead just remove the sway bar from the two clamshells. (Pistons)
But the spacers are easy to install, especially in the rear. For the front you need to drop the guard that hangs below the sway bar to get the bar low enough to fit the spacer in.
My sway bars are now level. Don’t have a before and after shot, as I did them before dropping the rig back on its wheels.

45A2B460-714B-48CD-83ED-E32B8E6513D4.jpeg
EDB52105-8F7A-4438-8FFC-15825E164E8C.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally time for an update. Finished all the suspension mods and the rig is back on the rubber.

Based on numbers from this forum I’m sitting at just under 4” of lift even all around. Hoping things settle a bit, they are 3” springs.

Components added:

New springs (Dobinson)
Front: C59-354
Rear: C59-677V

DOBINSON diff drop
Treaty Oak KDSS spacers
Eimkeith Panhard bar relocate bracket (welded in) PCK

Got an alignment scheduled for Monday than I’ll test it out on some dirt. But first impressions feel stiff and a bit bobbly but good.

View attachment 3042116View attachment 3042117

Some images of the suspension install. what I learned: to get the front coil over out, just pop the two bolts holding the ball joint to the hub, then there is no need to remove the UCA ball joint to slide them out, this will also allow one to drop the LCA low enough to get the new coil in easier. For the rear, DO NOT remove the upper links, super hard to get them back in. I had to use a spring compressor and or a ratchet strap to compress the coils to fit them in. (Probably the hardest part)

Using a strap to suck the axle up enough to attach the upper links back in.
View attachment 3042120

Ratchet strap to get the coils in, worked maybe better than the actual spring compressor, which gets in the way.
View attachment 3042121
View attachment 3042122
Great job! And nice beads on your welding!
Yes your rig will settle, especially if you're be adding a rear bumper, sliders, skids, rack, etc.
Not sure how far you're going to take it, but as weight goes on, it will settle and the ride will get better! 👍

Oh yeah, I have sliders, will go back on, or I’ll build a new set, as I need to practice on my bender and want an angled pair that have a bit more coverage. Have skids too, but they are 1/8” ARB’s and not worth re-installing IMO. So I am already designing a front skid with rears to match. Hoping to have that done by the end of summer.

Planning to build a tube/hybrid rear bumper but that’s more of a Fall project.

Just glad it’s off the jack stands. And can be used again. I’ve been missing it dearly.

Saving up for some wheels and tires…

4” lift? Go big or go home! Love it. LOL

What a heck of a lift. So much for a nice daily driver!! LOL Looks like John Bull, Gold Hill, White Mountain, and Camp Rock are waiting!!

What a heck of a lift. So much for a nice daily driver!! LOL Looks like John Bull, Gold Hill, White Mountain, and Camp Rock are waiting!!
Hoping it settles a bit, and it’s definitly not a daily driver for me. I got a s*** box Honda hybrid for that. Also just acquired a beater truck for around town, so now the GX will be a dedicated offroad/road trip rig. Very excited for that.

And that 4” is with that front bumper… keep an eye on those rear brake lines
Even at full droop they looked ok, but I’m scheming on a stainless upgrade, and I’ll definitly add a little length when I do that. I will be adding a rear bumper, and puting my sliders/skids back on.

Alignment specs from today. Finally got to open er up on the highway, feels great. I do notice the slight increase in center of gravity, but maybe it’s just that I haven’t drove it in a while.
Had a good conversation with my alignment guy, prepping him for what’s to come.
44DCEB10-6B1E-47FE-BCFD-03CF586BC51F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom