JDM Wheel Carrier - Help With Part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.gorillaindustries.com.au
Hi Guys,

Im finally going to attempt to fit my JDM wheel carrier on my Aus spec HDJ80.

Unfortunatley alot of the pics from this thread has gone (Damn photobucket!)
OEM Tire Carrier on US Spec FZJ80, Installed w/ pictures

I have the following:
The wheel Carrier - 51903-60082
Wheel Stopper - 51905-60010
Number plate re-locator - 76801-60010

I will order from Toyota Japan:
Bracing for D Pillar - 51909-60010

What I need is the part number for the part on the right (Which bolts to the lower tailgate)

Is this the part number? 51903-60082
post-5303-1292419150.jpg

And the Upper bracing (first part in below image)
file.php

tc1-jpg.370719

I think the part number for the tail gate plate is for the Barn door model here.
510658.png

I have message these guys on Ebay but havent heard back from them
Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series OEM JDM Rear Tire Swing Carrier Latch FZJ80 LX450 | eBay

Thanks all

I think the 1st part you're inquiring about would be 51099-60011.

Pretty sure Extreme Landcruiser stocks these here is te US. He's got lots of foreign stuff like this. You should check with him first.

Just a heads up if you actually wheel this 80. I had one of these tire holders on one of my 80's and would I do it again, probably not. Even with the supporting plates on the inside it does do no justice. The body seriously gets "bent out of shape" and flexes when opening. I would not hold anything bigger than a 31 inch stock tire on it, with the extra weight of a bigger tire just eats up the metal to metal pin hinge and will start to get play in it. I actually had to lift the tire up a little before it would lock in place. The mount on the tailgate needs to be reinforced with metal. I added strips to the inside and still chirped and rattled. I had this set up for no more than a year before I took it off.

But if your going for the JDM or VX model out of this country look by all means you'll get the wow factor.

I run an exterior tire carrier that has the same set up. I have wheeled it hard and never had any problems with the body mount, but did split/crack one of the swing arm tubes at a weld. Simple enough fix. The spare is a 285 75 r16.

Now I have modified the swing arm to carry a 5 gal Jerry can as well and had no problems on my last trip. This added about 50-60 lbs to the total weight of the swing arm.
IMG_20170821_183825257[1].jpg

Finally fitted the JDM Wheel carrier today!
Parts needed:
The wheel Carrier - 51903-60082
Wheel Stopper - 51905-60010
Striker - 51099-60011
Number plate re-locator - 76801-60010 (Not pictured or installed, I forgot it! LoL)
Bracing for D Pillar - 51909-60010
Wheel Carrier-1826 by Shane, on Flickr

The two braces you can fit by removing the right hand tail light and the trims inside
Wheel Carrier-1828 by Shane, on Flickr
The Blue thing is my 25L water bladder
Wheel Carrier-1840 by Shane, on Flickr

Mocked the carrier on to mark out the holes:
Wheel Carrier-1835 by Shane, on Flickr
Wheel Carrier-1836 by Shane, on Flickr

Bottom Brace is easy enough to get in
Wheel Carrier-1838 by Shane, on Flickr

The top however was a PIA, and what we did was trim it a bit for it to slide into place.
This is as far it would go, before trimming it
Wheel Carrier-1839 by Shane, on Flickr
This is what we trimmed off
Wheel Carrier-1844 by Shane, on Flickr

Once the two braces were in, they lined up perfectly to the holes we made, bolted the carrier up and even before welding was very study!
Wheel Carrier-1837 by Shane, on Flickr

Tightened everything up and then welded the brackets, bottom was easy..
Wheel Carrier-1855 by Shane, on Flickr

Top was a little tricky but all good in the end!
Wheel Carrier-1856 by Shane, on Flickr

Mounted the striker on the lower tailgate. The JDM model has bracing here, but I didnt add any, im hoping it will be ok.
Wheel Carrier-1841 by Shane, on Flickr

Then the Cushion to the upper tail gate.
Wheel Carrier-1866 by Shane, on Flickr

And thats it! Very happy with the outcome, about 2 hours it took. Im 110kg and with the 35" on I can also hang off the carrier and it had no drams!
Wheel Carrier-1858 by Shane, on Flickr

Wheel Carrier-1860 by Shane, on Flickr
Wheel Carrier-1863 by Shane, on Flickr
Wheel Carrier-1865 by Shane, on Flickr

The top bracket fools me that there is a car behind me tho, so will have to get use to that lol
Wheel Carrier-1871 by Shane, on Flickr

Looks good!

There's a bunch of us around here running 35" spares off that carrier (including me), I haven't heard of anyone having issues yet. When I got my truck I planned to have a bumper swing out built (the truck had a Cruisin' Off Road rear bumper on it already), but got talked out of it by the bumper builder, who is also running a JDM 81 with a 35 on the factory carrier.

Now.... any pics of that sprung over 70 in your 4th picture? :D

Cheers, thanks! :beer:

For any Mud member in the USA, that wants one of these, you can buy the complete set up from CRUISERPARTS.COM.

larger image

Spare Tire Carrier Body Mounted Style
$799.00

Non USA Rare style spare tire carrier.
Mounts to corner of body. Includes latches, hinges and needed parts.
Requires professional installation.

• Shipping Weight: 75lbs
  • Manufactured by: *CruiserParts*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom