Ivory front door opening trim no longer available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com
I've got some wind noise coming from the upper rear corner of my 2000 lx470 front drivers side door so i ordered replacement weather stripping from lexuspartsnow.com The front door opening trim ( 62312-60081-A0 )I received was bluish gray and not ivory. Lexuspartsnow is telling me that the ivory trim is no longer available and the part number for ivory now ships in bluish gray. Does anyone know if this is correct? Is there not a way to get the ivory door trim now?
117410%2f641219A_5_62312B_RL.png
pd_list_zoom.png

62312-60080-A0
Weatherstrip, Front Door Opening Trim, LH

IVORY,TRIM4#

Part Name Code: 62312B
Replaced by: 62312-60081-A0

Ordered the part at the stealership! I found it slightly cheaper online, but I am so anxious to figure this out asap. The part should be in to pickup tomorrow morning. I'll install asap and post some pictures

image.jpg

I've got some wind noise coming from the upper rear corner of my 2000 lx470 front drivers side door so i ordered replacement weather stripping from lexuspartsnow.com The front door opening trim ( 62312-60081-A0 )I received was bluish gray and not ivory. Lexuspartsnow is telling me that the ivory trim is no longer available and the part number for ivory now ships in bluish gray. Does anyone know if this is correct? Is there not a way to get the ivory door trim now?
117410%2f641219A_5_62312B_RL.png
pd_list_zoom.png

62312-60080-A0
Weatherstrip, Front Door Opening Trim, LH

IVORY,TRIM4#

Part Name Code: 62312B
Replaced by: 62312-60081-A0

I'm needing to know also, you would think the tan one was more popular.....

here are some pictures of the gray on ivory trim in this thread. I searched high and low and could not find the part in ivory.

Need help with part #

did you find that this fixed your noise completley? i ordered all the weather stripping for the window and door including this piece that goes on the frame. installed them all and it reduced my noise but didn't eliminate it. that upper corner nearest your head is seemingly the main problem point. i stuffed a shirt and held it up there and the noise is eliminated. i just tried to test the areas like that. i have made sure the weather stripping is firmly positioned as tightly as possible in that corner but to no avail. anyone else with suggestions?

I think it was all 3 seals. The final one. The window that hoses around the glass inside the frame finally did the trick.

Yeah. I've done all 3 and still getting that wind at the top corner by your head. another thread said he used tic tacs of all things to fill in a gap. still not sure how one would do that. another person commented bending the door or frame which is a bit concerning to me and don't want to screw it up.

Take an old wood broom handle, and wrap it with a towel. Roll the window down, wedge the wood into the front corner where the door and the a-pillar meet, to keep the door from closing all the way. Then carefully put some pressure on the top of the window frame to bend it inwards a little. Much of the wind nose is because lazy door lock techs like to wedge the window frames away from the body too much, so they can pop the door lock with their long metal tools, and this bends them a little every time. You just need to straighten it up a bit so it makes a tighter seal at the top

Thanks so much for the help. After fiddling / replacing all the seals, adding a double rope seal in the upper corner gasket and all the way around the door and tweaking the door for about an hour, I think I have it about as good as I can get it. It has eliminated the noise from wind getting into the truck it seems but there is still wind noise heard from the design of the vehicle I believe. It is a 2005 LX so we can't expect a rolls royce kinda of quiet but a rushing wind noise wasn't acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom