Need help with part # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to get rid of the little bit of air I hear through the driver door at hiway speed. I already replaced the door weatherstrip gasket, but I am having trouble finding the part number for the driver side front door body side gasket. I have looked at a few diagrams online, but I can only seem to find the door side gasket (part # 67-872 "weatherstrip"). My LC is a 1999. Thanks for your help.

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

I think the part number you have is for the left side back door.

67862-60101 is the front left door weather strip. I believe the weather stripping mounted to the body is 62312-60090-A0, called 'Opening Trim'. These are the part numbers I have saved to refurbish my 99's driver door weather stripping. I have not yet purchased the parts, but from my research they should be accurate.

Last edited:
Thanks @87warrior. I looked at a lot of diagrams and couldn't find it.

What color is your trim? I have ivory and couldn't ever seem to find what i needed, I ordered ivory from lexuspartsnow.com and they sent bluish grey. I started a thread about it but didn't get any responses. I'm very interested to see how yours turns out. The wind noise drives me nuts! Here is a link to the thread I started...
Ivory front door opening trim no longer available?

Last edited:
@ga12r1 - Since I haven't tried to purchase the trim weather stripping I hadn't found what you did. Interestingly enough, the Ivory part number ending in A0 defaults to B0 (which is blue/gray) when I try to purchase. The product description indicates the part number ending in B0 replaces those ending in A0. Thus indicating the Ivory part is no longer available. This is disappointing, but I imagine having no wind noise would outweigh a small piece of mismatched interior.

I am having trouble understanding if this part also includes the black rubber part or if that is a different part? The black rubber is the part I actually need.

If I remember correctly (it's been a year since I've messed with the trim) the weather strip is backed by a color matched material that has a fine felt like texture. You can see this when the door is closed.

I guess I should go home and pull the part out to verify before ordering the wrong part again.

If I remember correctly (it's been a year since I've messed with the trim) the weather strip is backed by a color matched material that has a fine felt like texture. You can see this when the door is closed.
Thats right. On my LX its the microfiber trim right inside the door that goes all the way around the inside of the opening. But when they sent the bluish grey it was a textured plastic not the felt/microfiber. I thought that would look mighty odd and out of place, especially doing the one side. I was thinking of doing both so they would at least match. I may try that if the ivory is really no longer available.

The piece I'm pointing towards is the trim piece on my LX

IMG_2190.JPG

does that seem like it is the same piece as the rubber just outside your finger?
It's the same piece. The rubber weatherstripping is bonded to the trim. All one piece. That's why it has to be color matched.

Last edited:
@ga12r1 - Since I haven't tried to purchase the trim weather stripping I hadn't found what you did. Interestingly enough, the Ivory part number ending in A0 defaults to B0 (which is blue/gray) when I try to purchase. The product description indicates the part number ending in B0 replaces those ending in A0. Thus indicating the Ivory part is no longer available. This is disappointing, but I imagine having no wind noise would outweigh a small piece of mismatched interior.
I will let you know how bad it looks once I get the part and install it. If I do get rid of the wind noise, it will be worth it. If I don't, I'm going to sell the mother effer! kidding, kidding, If it looks absolutely terrible, I may try to paint it ?

I will let you know how bad it looks once I get the part and install it. If I do get rid of the wind noise, it will be worth it. If I don't, I'm going to sell the mother effer! kidding, kidding, If it looks absolutely terrible, I may try to paint it ?
Just like you I replaced the weatherstripping on the door hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. I can place my finger in the corner up against the rubber when I'm going down the hwy and it stops so I'm pretty sure it's the door opening weatherstripping, I just wish I could get the correct color!!!

I ordered both piece of weather stripping today. This thread was just the motivation I needed to start this project. If the trim comes as a plastic piece as @ga12r1 encountered, spraying it an ivory color might just make it close enough to be unnoticeable.

I ordered both piece of weather stripping today. This thread was just the motivation I needed to start this project. If the trim comes as a plastic piece as @ga12r1 encountered, spraying it an ivory color might just make it close enough to be unnoticeable.
Awesome! Keep us posted!!

Well, I have good news, and I have bad news. The good news is that the gray molding replacement on the tan /ivory interior doesn't look that bad. The bad news is that replacing that part did not stop the air I could hear from that corner. After that I decided to try something and put some tape on the window molding in the corner. I took a test drive on the hiway and this did indeed fix my air leak/ noise problem. I think need to find out if that part is replaceable and change it if possible. At least the gray window molding is returnable. Here's a couple pictures for reference

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

Last edited:
This is the part that seems to be the problem

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1016.PNG
IMG_1017.PNG
And I think this is the part I need to order and replace, or do I try some sort of black Silacone in just the corner first?

Now you are making me wonder about mine. While searching i read about another member who had the same noise and it ended up being the window channel trim. My channel trim doesn't look really bad and i can kind of lightly place my finger up in the corner against the rubber while driving and it will stop so I assumed it was the weatherstripping. Did you ever try that, stopping the noise with your finger from the inside? Mine seems to come and go now too. I guess i should try the tape, but it didn't seem too bad this morning, other times it's crazy noisy, so Im not sure the tape experiment will work short term. It seemed worse in the winter(like bad all of the time), I wonder if this 90-100* south Ga weather is causing some type of expansion that makes it seal better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom