Its my birthday so I got a bumper or 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That rear bumper is dead sexy. Why a drop down over a swing away though? Maybe I'm thinking like a woman here, but it seems like that would take a lot of muscle to pivot back up into place with a tire on there.

That rear bumper is dead sexy. Why a drop down over a swing away though? Maybe I'm thinking like a woman here, but it seems like that would take a lot of muscle to pivot back up into place with a tire on there.

thats what the :princess: said and frowned, I opened the side door and smilled, it will be a issue, why dropdown? cause we could, no real other reason other than getting the tire to the ground is easy, not that it happens much.

and the highlift will eat my garge door so it stays off unless were going on a solo run

I like how it protects the taillights, but in my town you'd get a ticket for obscured brake and tail lights. Boy, I'm just full of criticism, eh? Heh.

DougM

yeah I expect a issue real fast with the licence plate, gonna put it on the tire rack

i like that,
i like the drop down idea, who like to dead lift a spare and wrestle it when you can roll it onto the rack.

lifting it from a pivot shouldnt be to hard.

nice work

sweet.
just clear coat it with some rattle can and leave it naked.

can the lift go along the angle of the tire back, instead of straight up like a flag pole? When you slip and drop it , it wont auger into the ground and bend your lift if you forget to remove it first.

looks sick! I bet you'll make some good photos with it in Moab.

sweet.
just clear coat it with some rattle can and leave it naked.

can the lift go along the angle of the tire back, instead of straight up like a flag pole? When you slip and drop it , it wont auger into the ground and bend your lift if you forget to remove it first.

looks sick! I bet you'll make some good photos with it in Moab.

no when the rack is down the jack is about 4" off the ground, the top of the tire is on the ground, still trying to find a way to lock the tire to the rack, too easy to roll away

Hook that drop down up to an electric/hydraulic ram and put a control on the key fob. Then put some diamond plate on the truck side...you will have yourself a nice loading ramp :)

still trying to find a way to lock the tire to the rack, too easy to roll away

Use a bike cable lock. Short, stout and should do the job. Or, one of the kyrptonite brand chain locks for bikes, they use a seven sided chain link, which is supposed to be nearly impossiable to cut.

Hook that drop down up to an electric/hydraulic ram and put a control on the key fob. Then put some diamond plate on the truck side...you will have yourself a nice loading ramp :)

I was thinking the same thing, well, the second half anyway. My dogs have trouble jumping up into the back of my truck, one of them has a bad knee. That would actually make it much easier for them to get in and out of the back of the truck.

I'm thinking perhaps the best of both worlds would be to have a swing out bar, with the drop down on it, so you could open it either way.

that is the direction i was wanting to go with mine, but decided to go with a swing away since the cargo area would be used continually. I love the design, I myself have been a fan of Poison Spyder customs. It looks great, both front and rear. :cheers: :beer:

well I wheeled, Golden Spike twice, Hells Revenge, Cliffhanger, part of Moab Rim, Steelbender, had no body strikes other than body snatcher on spike, no damage, the tow eyes pulled out Mickey Rubicon, the tube held up fine and the tire carrier worked well, now Im gonna get it powdercoated silver and put on some rear rock lights,

Powdercoat done:grinpimp:

when I get my new control arms and tie rods I will put the bumpers back on, cause I cant fit it in the garage where I put it on the jack stands:mad:
bumper1.jpg
Photo.jpg
bumper7.jpg

Build it
2x4 square tube
1/4" plate
3/16" plate
1 1/2 Dom
2" Dom
1" Dom
2-anchor eyes
22 hours labor