Its all yellow...finally! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks guys...jake does get to drive alot...we take the pig or my nissan....i really like the yellow and yes he will by far have the coolest rig in the high school parking lot!...fjben the fj55 will go in the shop just as soon as jakes 40 is done...probably another month....i am tempted to paint the pig yellow and whit to match jake...nah just kidding...i really like the blue and white...thanks again all..i will continue to update as we progress towards completion,

osagecruiser

was wondering what you did to keep over spray from getting on everything? I am in the same boat I am also painting mine yellow after 10 years of slowly working on it and have only my garage to spray it. Only bummer is my wife has one of those multi thousand dollar washer and dryer combos and if there is even a hint of yellow on it, lets just say the dog house would be like the hilton compared to where i ll be any advice would be great thanks

froggy said:
Nice work! I love yellow cruisers! :bounce:

Me too. Very nice work.
Cruiser (side).jpg

roger

cover all important items with plastic...it is still a mess...i probably have a full day of cleaning once it warms up again....hvlp gun seems to reduce overspray some..thanks rice

osagecruiser

Roger L said:
was wondering what you did to keep over spray from getting on everything? I am in the same boat I am also painting mine yellow after 10 years of slowly working on it and have only my garage to spray it. Only bummer is my wife has one of those multi thousand dollar washer and dryer combos and if there is even a hint of yellow on it, lets just say the dog house would be like the hilton compared to where i ll be any advice would be great thanks

I use those cheapo plastic drop cloths to cover anyhting I don't want paint on and wet the floor, not only to keep dust down, but to keep paint from sticking to the floor, when it dries, just sweep it up.

Ed

hey ed
i used lots of those drop cloths plus a whole lot of giant trash bags...still got lots of dust to clean up once its ready to leave the garage...my wife thinks she is gettin her spot back....i just have'nt had the heart to tell her the 55 is next in line...should'nt be in there as long as jakes...famous last words...take care...going to the tac meeting?

osagecruiser

I like the yellow paint. I thought of that painting mine that color as well, but have since chosen a charcoal color w/ black. It'll be good to see another cruiser here in Kansas. They seem awfully rare here on the road. Good job!:)

'74 FJ-40
Full Disc Brakes
2F'd

I live in the very SW corner. Small community by most standards, called Ulysses. Its nice though that I can be in North Central NM in 5 hours. Colorado Springs in 4 hours. Tried to make it up Mount Blanca once......failed. Some day the cruiser will be able to make it up that though. Last I tried was in a Willys.

'74 FJ40
Full Disc Brakes
2F'd

we are from Osage city in NE Kansas...dont get down your way much, also like another state...we are also 40 miles south of topeka off 75 highway....small communty also....Welcome to the board

Osagecruiser and jake

osagecruiser said:
hey ed
i used lots of those drop cloths plus a whole lot of giant trash bags...still got lots of dust to clean up once its ready to leave the garage...my wife thinks she is gettin her spot back....i just have'nt had the heart to tell her the 55 is next in line...should'nt be in there as long as jakes...famous last words...take care...going to the tac meeting?

osagecruiser
Marc,
I'll be there, God willing, eh. And it will be good to meet you. Maybe my son-unit will be there, too. How about Jake? Does he know how lucky he is???:D

Ed

ed
look forward to meeting you in person....i am sure jake knows how lucky he is and believe me i think that i am lucky to have son that shares my land cruiser addiction/passion...we spend lots of time together because of cruisers...it a great time to talk...find out whats on his mind...share ideas...we are having a great time....i hope he takes as much interest in helping me with the 55 as i had in helping him get his 40 done....see ya at the meeting

osagecruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom