ISO rear sway bar mounts, ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my truck this past summer, a 1997 lx450, and it came without a front or rear swaybar. The p/o seems to have wanted that for offroad performance, but I am thinking of adding a rear bar and then maybe sorting out quick disconnects later if needed so as to not feel like death at highway speeds or around corners (this is my daily right now). The front seems less necessary but I'll see how it does with a rear bar and all-new suspension bushings.

Unfortunately, the truck is missing all of the mounting hardware, and I am having a lot of trouble determining what I'll need. The axle mounts come with the Whiteline bar from what I can see, but I am not sure if all axle side hardware is included. Has anyone had experience with these bars, or could provide insight?

The frame side is more annoying. I am running OME 850s in the front with a 1" spacer and OME 863s in the rear, fox IFPs all around. From what I can tell, that means I'll need a standard length swaybar link and not an extended one. But I am also missing the mounting brackets for the links, and have searched anywhere. They are circled below on this 97' LX I spotted in a parking lot last week. Does anyone know where these mounting brackets can be found or could provide a part number for them and the related hardware?

Cheers!

20201023_172848.jpg

You can get a HD frame bracket with hardware from Wits end in the LANDTANK area. If the truck had side mounted brackets the kit includes the needed nutserts for converting to an under frame style.

It had the underframe style, so that would be perfect. Is the included hardware the same size to use the oem bolt threads, or would I need to use the nutserts in the kit to reinstall the brackets? On that note, is the bracket size also the same?

Thanks!

These mounts from Wit’s End Might do the trick also.

Edit...they are only for 93-95.

These mounts from Wit’s End Might do the trick also.

Edit...they are only for 93-95.

They are for all 80s as the hardware kit in the picture allows installing them on a truck that wasn’t set up for under frame mounting

It had the underframe style, so that would be perfect. Is the included hardware the same size to use the oem bolt threads, or would I need to use the nutserts in the kit to reinstall the brackets? On that note, is the bracket size also the same?

Thanks!
Factory hardware is included

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom