Is your 100 your favorite vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This ended up being a much more fun to read thread than I expected. Thanks to everyone for posting all the great shots. I'm looking to get a 100 or 200 Series in the next couple years, I'm still on the fence. Everyone I've spoken to who has owned a 200 seems to agree that they don't get anyone misty in the eyes. The 100 Series still gets a lot of love, though. Tough call.

And I love all the Porsches. I've never owned one, but my first love was a white 1963 Corvair Monza coupe, 4 on the floor, with a 140 HP, 4 carb motor from a 1966. I built that engine when was I was 16, and I am sad to say I don't have a single picture of me with that car. I loved working on it, driving it, owning it. It was a true joy and I can still identify the sound of a Corvair engine from a quarter mile away.

Some vehicles hold a special place in our hearts. Men, we are some funny creatures...

:)

Another 911/land cruiser guy here. Favorite? Nope, but I like it. Although I think I would enjoy the 200 series w/TRD blower more than my current setup.

I’ve heard many times on the forum to just buy the best land cruiser you can afford (100/200 in comparison) if you believe that Toyota/Lexus are always improving the product. The 100 is good for me right now but that doesn’t take away that I love the 200 and hope to get one eventually (when the wifey ok’s... may be a while).

With every upgrade to the land cruiser they have been made to drive at higher speeds and be more tame on the road - I don’t think they have sacrificed off road capability.

i’m old enough to have owned and built a lot of interesting vehicles.

IMG_9909.jpeg

this was my first, 1969 Jeepster Commando.. i was 6yrs old when my dad bought it. by the time it got to me in high school it had a 400cid SBC and Saginaw 4spd that dad and i swapped in.. stump puller, but if you wanted to go more than 50miles, you had to clean the plugs first.

IMG_6943.jpeg

This was my mom’s car.. i remember the day we drove it home. 1970 Nova Super Sport, 350 4spd. one of my all time favorites. I drove it for a while, on dates and stuff after we lightly restored it in the 80s… but it never really felt like mine.. I grew up in that Commando, and this Nova. I never punished it, but my dad sure did.. i remember once watching him shift it from 3rd to 4th, right at 100mph.. crazy.

Car is now part of a collection, after a frame off full restoration, by a good friend of the family. I can’t afford to buy it back now.

After I sold the Commando, Dad and I built a few Chevy Luvs with V8s that were a handful.

The first new vehicle i ever purchased was a 2000 Nissan Xterra, i had to wait to get one with the 5spd manual and 4WD, but it was worth it.. The Mule lasted for 260k miles.

IMG_4465.jpeg

I have to say, one of the most fun cars I ever owned, was this little monster:

RdsJ5zt-0%21largestimage%3FMaxSize%3DImageSize5K.jpg
bXvRhhm-0%21largestimage%3FMaxSize%3DImageSize5K.jpg

MazdaSpeed3.. a few tasteful mods got it to around 300hp, the most i would ever really want in a FWD platform. Such a fun daily driver.

Around all of those, several other Jeeps, FSJ Cherokee, TJ, XJ, Chevrolets, etc.

Toyotas, however have been the most dependable.. had an ‘83 corolla hatch that my sister and i drove into the ground.. surfboard racks permanently corroded onto the roof rails, Corolla S, 2007 Tundra, and now a 2016 Tundra, 2004 4Runner, and 2015 Camry…. and a new to me 1999 ‘Cruiser.

I have a good feeling about this Land Cruiser.. I feel like it’s gonna inch it’s way up the list easily. I’ve always wanted one, of any kind (though the FJ55 is one of my favorites), and i think with some personalization it’s gonna be a solid.

Last edited:
I have owned 18 vehicles since '1998, none have gripped me quite like this one. From certain angles, it looks really good. It is a jack of all trades, master of absolutely none. Sadly, I recently found out that CARMAX sold it to me with a, I can't say what I think because case is still pending, less than genuine vehicle report. Car was indeed in an accident almost 5 months before I bought it, I had a PURE750 turbo ready to go in and all. Now I am searching for a suitable replacement, probably an M car.

2023-05-21 10.58.01.jpg

2023-11-22 15.54.28.jpg

60 series.. hands down .

Underrated. Understated.

Rough in all aspects..

Jack of all trades, but master of none.

Tough as nails

don’t get me wrong.. the 100 is nice but doesn’t even begin to approach the legendary 60.

It was for many years. Now my fav is the Ioniq 5 EV, which is reflected by my much reduced activity here... Don't drive the 100 that much anymore, apart from the occasional wheeling and/or camping.

IMG_6750.jpeg

Favorite SUV I have ever owned? Definitely.
I have been lucky enough to own a huge number of cars and bikes, including some very sought after sports cars.
However, after everything, my favorite - and dream car - is my 1990 Toyota MR2 V6.
Absolutely love this car, though still a work in progress...
I don't ever put the roof on so it's a dry day car only!

And still have my favorite custom bike which I built up in case I actually want to go fast.

20230727_155233.jpg

20240328_131445.jpg

20230410_095945.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom