Is your 100 your favorite vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I (ok really my ex) used to have an '01 LC while I had my 911. Maybe I should get back into that club.

Don't let my pic fool you. I have been 911-less for 4+ years. I'm trying to get back into that club even if it's with a 996 :rofl:

For each family member. Doesn't everyone do that? Only makes sense. :)

Favorite cruiser, maybe.....I currently own a 40 80 200 and a 100.. And 60 on the past too. The 100 is slowly becoming my go to rig for most of everything we do that involves driving...

No.

It's a great vehicle, dont get me wrong. We plan to own it long term- and if the engine goes we will just swap it being a great and versatile vehicle.

I'll be impressed if at 310k miles it needs it's original starter or alternator replaced like the 1993 80 series I had. The 80 series had a ruggedness that the 100 just doesn't have.

Had an FJ40, was great - but was always under the knife (not Toyota issues). As far as driving pleasure that was near the top but had nothing, really, to do with the vehicle itself. I'll get a more stock 40 some day.

I think my favorite was an 04 IS300 manual 5sp with factory LSD (sport design, all black interior, thunder cloud exterior paint). That vehicle actually went to Tor @torfab in (partial) trade for the 80 series.

I've had many (many) first gen MR2s most of which were not stock. Was big into Auto-X. Drove lots of other cars and many people drove my cars. On those kinds of tracks there just wasn't anything quite as fun. The IS was close, but wasn't the same. Best on a track was the 87 hardtop MR2, JDM supercharged smallport 4agze on megasquirt with a C52 ae92 trans, semi-stripped interior, fixed FG race seat and good 5pt harness.

The 2017 Prius V is a terribly boring car to drive, other than to use driving skills and walk away from inexperienced drivers in much better cars.... but is by far the best gas mileage-wise. It gets people around.

Overall... the IS wins. It could fit 4 or some of your family. It could drive through mildly adverse weather. It was great to rip around in and could get you in some hot spots with traction control off. Good power but not so much that it felt useless on the street.

A lot of Mercedes owners posting pictures here.
I have x2 Mercedes roadsters ... but owning a vintage Mercedes means you better be handy with a wrench or have very deep pockets.
I like vintage Mercedes but, still the quality of my 2002 LX470 is way superior to Mercedes.

201809-048.jpg

201809-049.jpg

No.

My 1985 MB 300D is the ugliest, slowest, least cool car I've ever owned, but I love it. I paid $1,500 for it as an interim car while I was shopping for an E55 AMG. I bought the AMG, and have since sold it. I've also owned 3-4 other cars in the same span since buying the 300 that have come and gone. I love it much so much that I've just sunk an exorbitant amount of money into the car to keep it strong for another 30 years. I've had some really cool cars, but none have been so popular with other people. I literally get chased down on a regular basis on the street for people to give thumbs up, wave, smile, etc. Everyone sees it and wants to share a story of when they had one back in the day and how much they loved it.

IMG_20150202_175821.jpg

Ha! I had an old girlfriend who had one of those. She always had me drive. It was like driving a little tank around...

Our LX is pretty darn cool.

I have a '94 Honda Civic Si. I love that little car! It is like a little go-kart. It sticks to the road like a cat on carpet. Hatch makes it perfect for hauling dogs. It is kind of the opposite of the LX - small, fast, great MPG...

I have a 2002 LC , 97 honda civic and a 2014 I think it is camaro convertible (wife bought it). The LC is the most convertible to ride in and most relaxing to drive. It's the most comfortable to be in, especially if the weather is anything less than sunny. Having said that, that camaro is a blast to drive, especially if the cops are some one eating donuts and even more so on a country road. The LC is no match for that expierence. I drive about 5 miles to work most days, maybe 40 or 50 occasionally. I can drive the honda to work for almost 2 weeks for what it cost to make one of the far trips in the truck

I've had 20+ cars and trucks, my new to me 100 series is my absolute favorite so far. I can see me keeping this for a very long time.

I’ve been noticing a lot of Porsche / Land Cruiser people around here. I too fall under this category (and maybe some Porsche people won’t admit to this) but I need the land cruiser as my re-assurance that it will start everyday, do anything, go anywhere since the Porsche won’t.

Maybe it is the way I like to balance the universe.

And I wouldn’t tell my wife this (as she wants me to sell the Porsche everyday) but the LC is my favorite. Cayenne Turbo for those wondering (still go anywhere and fast, but “dainty”, if that makes sense to anyone).

I’ve been noticing a lot of Porsche / Land Cruiser people around here. I too fall under this category (and maybe some Porsche people won’t admit to this) but I need the land cruiser as my re-assurance that it will start everyday, do anything, go anywhere since the Porsche won’t..

That's the beauty of the old Porsches. As long as mine had fuel and the ignition coil was aligned right, it never didn't start.

Now as far as running as smoothly... well, the CIS is good but it's not a Toyota EFI.

that, is very attractive. Sheesh.
And anyone that says a 100 is a favorite hasn't had enough cars yet.

Another Porsche Land Cruiser guy. I love my 89 944 Turbo for pure driving joy. For commuting, I love my BMW sedan, a 1995 540i with 6 spd manual. Damn near the perfect car. For road tripping and exploring, Land Cruisers are great. I wouldn't want to drive one every day. My wife drove a BMW wagon until recently, and the 80 series we had would sit, unless we were skiing, or camping, or otherwise road tripping. She now drives the Hundie daily.

944 turbo(2).jpg
bimmergettincloser.jpg

@pmcbrier That's a nice collection. Great taste!

You must not have much stop and go in your commute where you are. I'd have two different legs driving a stick here! The only reason I don't own a manual car currently (the bike psuedo-comepnsates for this).

Quite a bit of stop and go on the first third of the commute, but the V8 and a light clutch make the BMW one of the easier manuals around town. This is my second 540i with the 6spd, and it is such a great car, can't say it enough. Love it. The 951 is not so fun in the city. It has a heavier clutch, and is anemic til it starts making boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom