Is this the correct ARB model people mod for the 06 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this one with free shipping, and OTRAMM said they do the mod to make it fit my 06 LX. Is it the correct model? I haven’t fully decided if I’m going that route or the dissent route provided I can find someone to build a bull bar to sit on top of it.

Yes...

The 3413190 - (I have that memorized now since it's on my 99 LC...Yes, even though it's stated as being for 2003-2007)

Unless I'm mistaken, the top/center light/antenna/hi-lift mount tabs need to be ground off so the grill panel (attached to the hood on Lexi) can clear
the bumper when opening and closing the hood.

But wait for a Lexus person to confirm that. My knowledge is worth what you paid for it.

Unless I'm mistaken, the top/center light/antenna/hi-lift mount tabs need to be ground off so the grill panel (attached to the hood on Lexi) can clear
the bumper when opening and closing the hood.

LC guy here, but 99% certain this is correct. The top mounts on the bumper have to be chopped to clear the grill.

Found this one with free shipping, and OTRAMM said they do the mod to make it fit my 06 LX. Is it the correct model? I haven’t fully decided if I’m going that route or the dissent route provided I can find someone to build a bull bar to sit on top of it.

I was in the same boat as you are for couple of weeks until I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on Dissent Extreme High Clearance bumper.

ARB 3413190 will work on your LX and you don’t need to trim the bumper. Just adjust the grill brackets a bit and you’ll be able to open the hood just fine. Also, Bumper Superstore doesn’t have the bumper in stock even though the website says it is. They’ll have to custom order it for you and it’ll be put on a slow boat when their next order comes in.

Last edited:
I was in the same boat as you are for couple of weeks until I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on Dissent Extreme High Clearance bumper.

ARB 3413190 will work on your LX and you don’t need to trim the bumper. Just adjust the grill brackets a bit and you’ll be able to open the hood just fine. Also, Bumper Superstore doesn’t have the bumper in stock even though the website says it is. They’ll have to custom order it for you and it’ll be put on a slow boat when their next order comes in.
That’s ok, I’ll save $200-250 in shipping costs. Thanks for the advice

Your extreme clearance bumper, you order it with the bull bar or are you going to get one fabricated or neither? I just don’t like the look of steel bumpers without the bull bar hoops.

Your extreme clearance bumper, you order it with the bull bar or are you going to get one fabricated or neither? I just don’t like the look of steel bumpers without the bull bar hoops.

I'm the same...but also for practicality while living where so many deer and elk get hit on the roads here.
But I've seen many low-profiles that look really, really good.

How much does the ARB weight?

I ask because my the ARB for my Tacoma weights 165-175 lbs. Its ridiculous.
The Ironman bumper I just put on the LX was noticeably lighter. Sure enough, website says it adds about 107 lbs. So I'm curious how much the ARB for the 100 series weighs?

How much does the ARB weight?

I ask because my the ARB for my Tacoma weights 165-175 lbs. Its ridiculous.
The Ironman bumper I just put on the LX was noticeably lighter. Sure enough, website says it adds about 107 lbs. So I'm curious how much the ARB for the 100 series weighs?
About 185lbs IIRC. This is the main reason I went with Dissent steel as it weighs only 69lbs. and I still have AHC, which is great.

I'm the same...but also for practicality while living where so many deer and elk get hit on the roads here.
But I've seen many low-profiles that look really, really good.
I should have probably gone with an ARB as we have a lot of deer in the area and in fact was hit by one is the reason I'm in the market for a steel bumper. But the weight savings and the low profile look of the new Dissent offering won me over.

Shipping is $300 but I got in on their BF sale, which saved me about that and I'm not advising you one way or the other. They are both great bumpers.

Extreme clearance bumper is not compatible with bull bar. IMO ARB looks better than Dissent modular bumper with bull bar.

If the steel ARB Deluxe Bar with full hoops for IFS 100 series 2002 onwards (Part Number 3413190) is less than 80 kilograms (176 pounds) then it is only loose change! Some say these things weigh 85+ kilograms (187+ pounds). ARB and other manufacturers never seem to state the their Bar weights clearly and officially. Inevitably, most alternative brands are of similar weight if they are of similar construction, bracing etc and are of the same steel thickness.

The 3413190 Bar fits the corresponding LX470 year models but requires either that the antenna tabs be cut off the top hoop or the fitting details be adjusted to allow swing room when closing the hood due to the attached grille on LX470.

Torsion bar adjustment is required with these Bars to correct AHC pressures on LX470 (and LC100 where AHC is fitted). If a winch is added, re-indexing of the torsion bars also is likely to be necessary.

If less than steel protection is acceptable, then a good aluminium bar would halve the weight.

The attached Fitting Instructions may be of interest (includes pictures).

Attachments

• arb-3413190-fitting-instructions.pdf
    581.3 KB · Views: 46
If the steel ARB Deluxe Bar with full hoops for IFS 100 series 2002 onwards (Part Number 3413190) is less than 80 kilograms (176 pounds) then it is only loose change! Some say these things weigh 85+ kilograms (187+ pounds). ARB and other manufacturers never seem to state the their Bar weights clearly and officially. Inevitably, most alternative brands are of similar weight if they are of similar construction, bracing etc and are of the same steel thickness.

The 3413190 Bar fits the corresponding LX470 year models but requires either that the antenna tabs be cut off the top hoop or the fitting details be adjusted to allow swing room when closing the hood due to the attached grille on LX470.

Torsion bar adjustment is required with these Bars to correct AHC pressures on LX470 (and LC100 where AHC is fitted). If a winch is added, re-indexing of the torsion bars also is likely to be necessary.

If less than steel protection is acceptable, then a good aluminium bar would halve the weight.

Thanks for the info!

Adjustment of torsion bars and reindexing are different things, yeah? I’m pretty sure yes but just wanted to double check

@LowDrag82 You can adjust the t-bars using the adjustment bolt. But once you hit the limit of the adjustment arm, you have to reindex (reclock) the torsion bar position in relation to the arm to get a different range of adjustment.

Adjustment of torsion bars and reindexing are different things, yeah? I’m pretty sure yes but just wanted to double check

To answer your question, I have started by attaching a twelve year old article about Torsion Bars written by IH8MUD Member @Gunney way back in 2011. It contains some good pictures and diagrams about how torsion bars work.

It maybe helpful and includes a description of torsion bar indexing. However, while the pictures are good, the article is about Non-AHC Landcruisers. Be very careful not to become confused. Ignore all the dimensions and measurements -- just follow the pictures -- these illustrate how the torsion bars work and illustrate in principle how torsion bars are indexed on any 100 series vehicle.

AHC Torsion Bars and how they work with the AHC system on LX470 and LC100 are different to the torsion bars on a conventional suspension, as is well-explained elsewhere by others.

In the case of your Torsion Bars and how they work on your vehicle fitted with AHC, consider the following:

If the vehicle is very heavy, then there may not be enough spring effect, not enough weight carried by torsion bars, too much weight carried by AHC system, Front AHC pressure will be too high, giving poor damping and a harsh, bumpy ride quality.

If the weight exceeds the capacity of the AHC system, then the vehicle may drop to LO height and stay there.

Torsion bar adjustment is the first step.

In the extreme, it can be that there is not enough adjustment thread at the torsion bar adjusters to transfer enough weight to the torsion bars to allow correct AHC pressures to be achieved.

This what happens when there is too much non-stock weight on the Front suspension and all the thread has been used on the torsion bar adjusters and no more adjustment is possible.

It is in this extreme case that "re-indexing" of the torsion bars is necessary on an AHC-equipped vehicle. Unlike a conventional suspension, adjusting torsion bars and indexing torsion bars has nothing to do with regulating the 'ride height' of the vehicle.

"Re-indexing" means removing the torsion bars and re-assembling them in the vehicle after rotating one end by a few splines. This increases the 'pre-load' on the torsion bars and allows them to carry more load before running out of adjustment.

Torsion bar adjusment is an easy task which takes minutes.

Re-indexing torsion bars is a do-able DIY task but it is not trivial job.

This previous post may help:

Attachments

• Torsion Bars - Gunney Procedure.pdf
    931.7 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom