Is this a transmission temp sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 LC. A343F. At the rear of the transmission is what I believe to be the second temp sensor. Green and yellow wires. Note one of them is broken. Is this a temp sensor that triggers the dummy light on the dash or something else? This will be a pain to repair. Hoping someone can tell me how critical this is before I attempt the repair. Thanks.

IMG_1166.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

Looks to be a position indicator on the transfer case, not the transmission.

Does your CDL work as it should?
You are correct in that it’s at the front of transfer not back of transmission. My center dash is torn apart right so my CDL switch is not active now but I did notice my dash dummy light for low range didn’t come on today When I switched the transfer to low range. Would this also be the position indicator for low range?

OP stated it was located at the front of the transfer case so if that is correct then that connector is the CDL indicator sensor.

The temp sensor is in the cooler line fitting.

Thanks everyone. This image is great. My broken wire is going to the low range position switch. This will be a fun one to repair. :bang:
Connector housing is 90980−11250.
Individual terminals with 6" pigtail is 82998-12440.
The harness that runs to the transfer case for the 3 switches and the CDL motor can be dropped down below the frame to make it easier to get to. I spent some time re-wrapping mine as the factory wrap had disintegrated over time.

That is the REAR of the transfer case, not the front.
That is the REAR of the transfer case, not the front.
Yeah my bad. Had the picture and then made the post later and forgot. I’ve got my rig so damn torn apart right now I don’t know front from back!

IMG_1164.jpeg

Connector housing is 90980−11250.
Individual terminals with 6" pigtail is 82998-12440.
The harness that runs to the transfer case for the 3 switches and the CDL motor can be dropped down below the frame to make it easier to get to. I spent some time re-wrapping mine as the factory wrap had disintegrated over time.
That's great feedback - much appreciated!

Not to hijack, but kind of related. Can the stock temp "dummy light" sensor be replaced with one that can show actual transmission temps? I realize one can be installed in trans pan, but I figured this might be easier. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom