Ironman panhard bushing failed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0606.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2526.jpg
Both of the the rear Ironman (#PAMHARD002) panhard rod Polyurethane bushings are done.

Want to go back to OME bushings. Does anybody know the dimensions of the OEM ones? Hope the fit!

4870660040.jpg

I happen to have a pair laying around that I'm not using. They measure 40mm in diameter.

Let's see the old bushings!!

Whats left of it .....

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_252d.jpg

These are garbage

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 09.42.13.png

I have Ironman front and rear panhard bars myself. The thing is, they are rubber bushings. When I bought them (4 years ago) they were marketed as such as well. Metaltech website still lists them as using "OEM style" rubber bushings and not poly.

However, last month I realized the bushings in the front bar BOTH looked to be in horrible shape so I decided to order new bushings. Metaltech sent me some replacement rubber ones. I don't have them near me right now but can measure with some calipers later.

Holy moly, they're destroyed. This begs the question why are they toast? Given that both panhard rods primarily move in one axis of rotation, one would think their life would last for a long time, especially if they're rubber. Of course, a bad batch of bushings is always a possibility.

My Ironman front trac bar bushings lasted about 2000km. Are they a standard sized between all of the brands?

I run EFS adjustable panhards (same single-nut setup as those Ironman ones - quite possibly the exact same product) and they originally came with yellow poly bushes. I've had good use out of factory panhard bushes, but be sure they are installed with a proper press as before I had a shop press I installed some using a big hammer and suitably sized socket, but I think that wrecked them as they failed a few months after.

I have new still-in-packet Super-pro poly bushes for front and rear panhard but don't think I'll use them. I am using Super-pro poly bushes in the upper and lower rear trailing arms but in the front radius arms (I've got superior eng superflex arms) all the bushes in those are genuine Toyota (plus one that's a Nissan) product. Re-did all those almost a yr ago as they original bushes (not genuine) in those arms had all gone bad too.

Front and rear panhard bushes are both 40 mm OD but the inner sleeve size ID is different for front and back as the panhard bolts are different sizes front and back. If an aftermarket place makes suspension parts that do not accept factory standard bush sizes then those products should be avoided. IMHO at least.

OEM bushings fit perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom