Builds Introducing my 2004 Tacoma built on 1ton chassis with dual wheel rear end (2 Viewers)

How to mate 15bt to h55f

• Which

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • What

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_1338.PNG
I'm in the hunt for a set of this. 19.5 8 lug
Anybody?

Creating permanent transmission cross member. 22.5 degree cut to make 45 degree turn using some scrap pipe from work. Beveling the ends to achieve a stronger weld on every joint.

Letting pipefitter instinct take over once again :cool::cool::cool:

IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
Truck body on jackstands I need to cut the transmission tunnel to fit bigger h55f bell housing. Also starting fabricating new body mounts next week. I ended up settling for a 4 inch body lift for better clearance.

IMG_1396.JPG
Picked this up last night paid $400 for all 6 tires need to be replaced soon, I want bigger mud tires still not sure of size, I will know after I figure out the truck height. Also. I'm thinking of powder coating them black

Just stumbled across this. Pretty major undertaking, but looks good!

IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
That tire size is almost as tall as the 33's I have in my hilux. I'm going to give them a try and if I still have room for bigger tires I will upgrade, but I'm thinking those will look right on my truck

IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
Just got done with new taller body mounts. Built a reference point out of square tubing and pipe. Also used laser to verify mounts elevation. Thinking of bed liner or chassis saver coat??

I've got nothing to add but I am loving this build. Very cool project.

I've got nothing to add but I am loving this build. Very cool project.
Thanks buddy. It's been time consuming doing all that fab work. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to getting stuff leveled n squared. So. It's taking a lot of my time. I plan on having the cab back on and bolted up by next weekend hopefully the paint shop runs on schedule :cheers:

IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG
Test fitted body and engine on new taller fabricated body mounts
Fits like a glove Now it time to sandblast and undercoat it with chassis saver

IMG_1921.JPG
I've been sandblasting blocking and sanding for a long time. My iwata guns just arrived from Japan. So it's time to paint

I used Chassis Saver on my BJ 60 build -- make sure to top coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom