Builds Introducing my 2004 Tacoma built on 1ton chassis with dual wheel rear end (1 Viewer)

How to mate 15bt to h55f

• Which

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • What

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 15bt finally made it to America
image.jpeg
image.png
Truck's fist drive with Toyota 5vzfe
image.jpeg
Can any help me with this drive train swap? Trying to mate a 15b turbo to the h55f gearbox. The most common diesel swap here is a b series cummins with a dodge or ford gearbox, 15bt is relatively unknown here in the USA but I'm a Toyota hard core and would not install an American engine in my TOYOTA. I belive the hard part of the swap is over with, that is exporting that power plant from Japan. Now I just need info on what bell housing, spline, clutch, and flywheel to use to make this work. I know for sure there will be a lot of grinding and welding but to me that will be the easiest part

You need the H55f off a B diesel or convert a H55F from a F engine by using the input shaft for the B diesel. I forget if you need the bell housing.
A few guys have fitted these into their 7* series on MUD if you search.

Is the Tacoma a 4WD? If its 2WD you could use a Dyna/Coaster gearbox that goes behind the 15B. H50 or H51? Some are top shifters and some are side shifters but its a long time since I have looked at one.

image.jpeg
You need the H55f off a B diesel or convert a H55F from a F engine by using the input shaft for the B diesel. I forget if you need the bell housing.
A few guys have fitted these into their 7* series on MUD if you search.

Is the Tacoma a 4WD? If its 2WD you could use a Dyna/Coaster gearbox that goes behind the 15B. H50 or H51? Some are top shifters and some are side shifters but its a long time since I have looked at one.

Thanks so much. The Tacoma currently has a 5vzfe mated to a r150 2wd. I'm planning on making it 4wd turbo diesel I guess I have to figure out wich front axle to use and also which t-case to use, I don't know if the split t-case will work for my truck. Too much to figure

Have a look at an 80 series front axle

Holy s***, this is fxxxing cool.

How dedicated are you converting it 4WD?

If you do 80 axle will probably be the way to go, you would have to get an older non-Tacoma T-case which are passenger drop though. Or run the H55f/splitcase which is heavier duty and will bolt to the 15BT :)

If you do 80 axle will probably be the way to go, you would have to get an older non-Tacoma T-case which are passenger drop though. Or run the H55f/splitcase which is heavier duty and will bolt to the 15BT :)

hey thanks cruisermatt. See the transmission in the picture is the one I bought. They told me it was from a 12ht engine. I don't know if that 12ht bell housing would work. I know it had a 10 spline. And 15bt needs 14? Right?

Oh yeah well I have to make it 4x4 that's for sure. I already spent the money on the 15bt and h55f. So I'm shooting at 100% 4x4.

hey thanks cruisermatt. See the transmission in the picture is the one I bought. They told me it was from a 12ht engine. I don't know if that 12ht bell housing would work. I know it had a 10 spline. And 15bt needs 14? Right?

There are three series of single-cam Cruiser motors, F, H, and B. What you is an H series bellhousing, so that came from a 12HT or a 2H. F and H share the same input shaft, the B is different. You will need the B series bellhousing as well as that is different. What I can't tell you for sure is if the bellhousing for a 3B will work behind the 15B, I think it does but do your homework. So to sum up you need to change your input shaft and bellhousing. You should be able to find a B input very easily in the Classifieds as many convert them to HZ and F inputs for conversions.

image.jpeg
image.png
View attachment 1290021
Hello there glthfj60 I used a super long wheel base chassis from a 93 Toyota pickup (hilux) with a 1 ton floating dually axle. I'll upload a picture of what she used to be Thanks for asking
This was her
Holy cow! What chassis did you use?
There are three series of single-cam Cruiser motors, F, H, and B. What you is an H series bellhousing, so that came from a 12HT or a 2H. F and H share the same input shaft, the B is different. You will need the B series bellhousing as well as that is different. What I can't tell you for sure is if the bellhousing for a 3B will work behind the 15B, I think it does but do your homework. So to sum up you need to change your input shaft and bellhousing. You should be able to find a B input very easily in the Classifieds as many convert them to HZ and F inputs for conversions.

image.jpeg

Wow I hope I can find a 3b bell housing. It's just so complicated in USA I guess I'm going to have to buy from overseas. Do you know of any websites where I could buy any of this. ? Thanks

Found a 3b bell housing on eBay is that what I need to mate h55f to 15bt? Another thing. The starter is 24v I will need to convert to 12v or find a 12v starter.

Read what I said. I don't know if the 3B bellhousing will work on then 15B.

This website (Mud) has a very large Classifieds section with a subsection titled "Diesel and JDM Parts". Look there, I can almost garuntee you will find everything you need.

Read what I said. I don't know if the 3B bellhousing will work on then 15B.

This website (Mud) has a very large Classifieds section with a subsection titled "Diesel and JDM Parts". Look there, I can almost garuntee you will find everything you need.
Ohh really I didn't know that. I'm going to start looking and of course. Do more research thanks buddy.

Awesome! I was hoping you'd say you found an original Toyota dually.

Was the dually version of the pickup rated at 1 ton?

Awesome! I was hoping you'd say you found an original Toyota dually.

Was the dually version of the pickup rated at 1 ton?
Yes here in the us it was sold as a 1 ton cab and chassis, from 1986 to 1993 they built rvs as well as moving vans and flat bed trucks. The truck is rated at one ton at least that's what the original title says

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom