Interesting old Toyota auto tool box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
IMG951247.jpg
Several of you know my rental manager, Claire. She has trained as a technician and ended up as our rental manger for about five years now. She is a big time Toyota gear head: Her and her husband own probably 10 old classic Japanese cars and do updated motor swaps in them. She loves it!

Anyway, her husband suprised her recently with this old Toyota Tool box. As I am told, back in the day this box came in the trunk of early model Toyotas to hold tools. it is about the size of a large laptop but deeper.

Pretty cool piece of Toyota memorabilia that I thought Id share ~

Ooooh tool box pron... me likey. Did Claire get her Soarer yet?

Yes she did!

The small box was in 25's and the larger box predated canvas rolls then was found under the seat in all Stout pickups.
Small box original color was gray, the big box is deep dark green.

I don't have a single tool from either.
tool boxes.jpg

My FJ25 parts books shows the metal box as local market, canvas roll for export. I know Sean (67azcruizr) has a metal box or and according to him the metal box will not fit under the driver's seat tool box. The largest part of that is open to below for excess to the battery. The tool in I believe were the same except one may have had one more wrench. Would have to check the box. This is from a very early FJ40 and had the same tools.

047.JPG

When Acura started shipping cars to the states, not every shop had service manuals, so every first year Acura Legend and Integra shipped with a full and complete factory service manual. And Honda motorcycles have had tool kits since day one.... though the latest versions are pretty darned sad: an allen wrench to get to the battery and fuses.

Hello, do you want to sell your old tool box and tools?

the OEM tool box came integrated under the driver seat in my 40 :doh:

the OEM tool box came integrated under the driver seat in my 40 :doh:

nO canvas tool roll would have been stock in the US market in 72. As far as I know canvas was stock as far back as the FJ25. My oldest tool roll is from a 1963 FJ40. My 70 model one owner FJ40 still has its original tool roll and the other one I have believe is from a 65.

Hey out there i have a box . it contains a toyota grease gun . pry bar and another tool. It looks like some kind of wrench . i was wondering if anyone is interested in the box.
1493152825037-1580384680.jpg
1493152870272-1278014405.jpg

That's like asking if anybody's interested in this bar of gold for cheap. That's really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom