"Interchange Parts" - 3FE EGR Valve (25620-61120)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marking this thread to see if there's ever any traction on it. I'm relatively ignorant, but I know I have a rough idle, etc and figured the EGR valve would be a place to start, only to find out the thing is mythical after being discontinued.
@red66toy I'm right outside Seattle, we don't need emissions anymore. is there any benefit to desmogging, etc?
Hello fellow WA cruiser owner! The benefit to desmog is removing old malfunctioning smog equipment and in doing so you will likely get a better running engine. I personally would like to keep a fully functioning EGR system for pollution control purposes... but this stuff is just getting super old and alternatives are not there so that leaves really only one option after a while.

Hello fellow WA cruiser owner! The benefit to desmog is removing old malfunctioning smog equipment and in doing so you will likely get a better running engine. I personally would like to keep a fully functioning EGR system for pollution control purposes... but this stuff is just getting super old and alternatives are not there so that leaves really only one option after a while.
I'm starting to read the EGR bypass/desmog articles. The bb method and eventually routing round the smog pump seemed to be the quickest way. Right now I know I need a full tune up. Yet, I know my EGR is suspect due to symptoms and how many times I've found the vacuum hoses disconnected on their own. She's bogging in the first gear after warm up, and the idle is horrible. and of course..the check light stays lit. fun times ahead!

Forgive the forum necromancy, but is this our best/most current 3FE EGR solutions thread?

I have the original intake from my 3FE, complete with EGR, and if this is still not a “solved problem” I’d love to be of service to the community and put it to use in finding a solution for posterity.

Forgive the forum necromancy, but is this our best/most current 3FE EGR solutions thread?

I have the original intake from my 3FE, complete with EGR, and if this is still not a “solved problem” I’d love to be of service to the community and put it to use in finding a solution for posterity.
Please do.

Only solutions I saw was to find a working one (presumably pretty worn at at this point) or desmog.

Presumably any of the interchange EGR valves will work; someone needs to take the time to figure out which and where to get the necessary fittings to connect it.

We need an interchange parts fitment AI to figure this out for us.

I am in a pickle. In California deleting the EGR is not an option. I could make any adapter needed to use another EGR valve. Being a California version the EGR temp sensor is part of the assembly. I must find a way to eliminate the Code 71 or scrap the vehicle. We have smog checks that must be passed.

I am in a pickle. In California deleting the EGR is not an option. I could make any adapter needed to use another EGR valve. Being a California version the EGR temp sensor is part of the assembly. I must find a way to eliminate the Code 71 or scrap the vehicle. We have smog checks that must be passed.
I periodically get a 71 while driving around. No idea why it pops up now and then. I have seen people eliminate the temp sensor with a resistor plugged in its place. Or maybe you can give the temp sensor a cleaning and clean the EGR? Did you check if it was operating?

The EGR is working based on the the vacuum pump tests described in the Toyota service manual. The EGR temp sensor tested good, I replaced it anyway, with no change. The EGR vacuum modulator also tests good. I replaced most of the 1/4" vacuum lines. I also replaced the three VSVs. Check valve "B" is working.

Should I pull the EGR off and clean it of carbon? Scotty Kilmer has a youtube video on doing this with solvent.

I have successfully created 💯 % all OEM toyota parts 3F-E proper de-smog kit …

This will NOT involve removing the converters ..

But parts details such as the Drive Belt , EGR delete exhaust manifold and intake parts details are no longer cheezy DORMAN or China junk …

The drive belt is a TOYOTA oem made in japan part correct cogged spec.

In addition I have OEM parts kits for the power steering idler pulley too

A OEM single groove pulley for the external fan alternator , the test-fit for the internal fan is in progress …

- I am in-progress the throttle body gasket using the “ 🐪 Camel-Flauge “ OEM type gasket material …

- OEM 3mm Life-Time service parts are here , w/ pull-off nipple , these are truly a life-time toyota part …

-

Last edited:
@Scota4570 : Does Kali require a functioning EGR forever on an older vehicle? At some point do they waive that requirement ie: after 25 years or??

Or, do they allow you to install a different engine, as long as that engine meets environmental regs??

Last edited:
The EGR is working based on the the vacuum pump tests described in the Toyota service manual. The EGR temp sensor tested good, I replaced it anyway, with no change. The EGR vacuum modulator also tests good. I replaced most of the 1/4" vacuum lines. I also replaced the three VSVs. Check valve "B" is working.

Should I pull the EGR off and clean it of carbon? Scotty Kilmer has a youtube video on doing this with solvent.
The EGR could be sticking, hence maybe the periodic codes? It may be worth a clean. It’s not a terrible job really.

@Scota4579 : Does Kali require a functioning EGR forever on an older vehicle? At some point do they waive that requirement ie: after 25 years or??

Or, do they allow you to install a different engine, as long as that engine meets environmental regs??
II believe it’s gotta be a 1975 or older to waive the smog tests. So yes, unfortunately the 3FE needs a properly functioning egr in California.

@Scota4579 : Does Kali require a functioning EGR forever on an older vehicle? At some point do they waive that requirement ie: after 25 years or??

The cut off age in California is 1975 for gasoline vehicles. After '75, all OEM smog equipment must be present and it must pass stringent emission standards. You can not install a different engine unless it has all the smog gear associated with that engine. Engine Changes - https://bar.ca.gov/consumer/smog-check-program/engine-changes It is to complicated to be practical for me.

Removal of any smog equipment is not allowed in California. It will not pass inspection and can not be registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom