Input on 3" exhuast system for hdj81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
Looking into buying a 3" complete exhaust system for my hdj81. Any info would help.
Ive been looking into these

Beaudesert
Genie
Redback

I got one from dea performance it was cheap and seems fine so far. Now I'm wishing I would have done this and would have known for sure what was the best

I don't have personal experience with the others, but the Beaudesert is nice and easy. I've used their complete kits, but now I use their dump pipe and local fab from there. I have some Beaudesert 3.5" dump pipes if you wanted to roll your own. You'll see a lot of guys use this 3" muffler from Aero Exhaust: Aero Exhaust AT3030XL Performance Muffler 3" inside diameter (Medium Sound)

Rage big bore exhaust 3" mandrel bent. Stock routing uses standard mount locations.

Beaudesert is great product too, very easy to install and looks like new after two years of use. It is true SST from all aspect.

Got a 3" full system for $300 including install. Added an Aeroturbine for $50 (used) about two months later. Was very happy with it.

Dam i wish!! You left the stock dump on turbo?

What dump did you use?

I went full custom on exhaust. I bought a SS flange and purchased a bunch of V-band clamps along with it from eBay. Had my dump pipe made in a machine shop for the least restriction possible and the exhaust done at a performance fabrication shop. I'll try to find a picture when I had it made.

I went full custom on exhaust. I bought a SS flange and purchased a bunch of V-band clamps along with it from eBay. Had my dump pipe made in a machine shop for the least restriction possible and the exhaust done at a performance fabrication shop. I'll try to find a picture when I had it made.

Ok. Thanks.

Almost finished side exit larger flange from turbo. Will test tomorrow results.

IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

Hi,

I ordered a 3'' exhaust for my HDJ80, it's equipped with a free flow muffler.
Something like this
01a41bbfde1fbfca97300c7038edc6ff4a03f51b.JPG

Due to the noise VS authorities I was thinking about asking for a extra resonator placed in section bellow the passenger seat.
aa265e4acee19296dd7fa355af98d5040a1d387b.JPG

Since it's all 3'' it won't affect back pressure and therefor flow, so performance wise no difference between the resonated and the non-resonated?

I imagine e resonator like this
0705or_03_z+banks_power_jeep_exhaust+muffler_cutaway.jpg

Cheers

Looks nice!!! Take more pics when you get it. Is your truck stock?

Engine wise it has some goodies, it as the "usual"... Intercooler, boost pressure, exhaust ( 60mm crush bent.. not the best ) and fuel.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom