Indoor Air Testing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any neighbors experiencing anything? That's strange that symptoms only happen on Wednesdays and Sundays. That would make it seem like something external and not internal in the house.

That would make it seem like something external and not internal in the house.
Exactly. I've been through every cabinet and moved a bunch of stuff outside to try and rule out something in the house. I have an idea, and will probably know Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Awe shoot man, if someone is dumping in the sewer get the city's worthless butts out to test the storm drains and such.

You know..... it's probably an artist that makes work about the environment.
🤷‍♂️
That's what the UNM art grads do.

Awe shoot man, if someone is dumping in the sewer get the city's worthless butts out to test the storm drains and such.

You know..... it's probably an artist that makes work about the environment.
🤷‍♂️
That's what the UNM art grads do.
I did a 311 about 3 weeks ago with no response.

I did a 311 about 3 weeks ago with no response.
disney-cinderella-head-exploding-9b590pjmbut0e7v9.gif

Every state MVD in alb does not pick up the phone. I don't think the government is at work anymore.

FWIW, I had really good success contacting my city council person’s assistant on an issue at the park. I still had to make the calls but she gave me the direct phone and emails for the right person at the department.
Does your city alumni status carry any weight? 😬😬😬

A follow up. Problem still exists. Same routine. Tues/Wed + Sat/Sun.

I contacted a company to do a test. Unfortunately, the day of the test was an "off" day, and the smell wasn't that bad. Sample date was 1/23. There were some "moderate" numbers. They were:

- Light Hydrocarbons. This included aerosol cans, fuel (natural gas, propane, butane, isobutane, LPG). My propane bottles are in the garage.

- Coating (paints, varnishes, etc). I did move the paint I had in the house into the garage.

- PVC Cement. This one was odd since I don't think I currently own any, and if I did it would be in the garage.

Yesterday, the smell was over the top. I hated to spend the money on another test, but I couldn't stand it. I called them back, and they came right out. Results are pending, and I should have them middle of next week.

I contacted a company to do a test. Unfortunately, the day of the test was an "off" day, and the smell wasn't that bad. Sample date was 1/23. There were some "moderate" numbers. They were:

- Light Hydrocarbons. This included aerosol cans, fuel (natural gas, propane, butane, isobutane, LPG). My propane bottles are in the garage.

- Coating (paints, varnishes, etc). I did move the paint I had in the house into the garage.

- PVC Cement. This one was odd since I don't think I currently own any, and if I did it would be in the garage.

Yesterday, the smell was over the top. I hated to spend the money on another test, but I couldn't stand it. I called them back, and they came right out. Results are pending, and I should have them middle of next week.
I sure hope you get to the bottom of this situation . That has got to be a PITA.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of this situation . That has got to be a PITA.
Thanks. It's frustrating. I wish I could put a finger on what this smells like.

Maybe call 242-cops and ask about cooking drugs- givem that info and see what they do............. unless you are the one cooking.
Maybe we should all come over and give it the sniff test, group hot-box?
towelie-puffing-computer-duster-5orz879cdv764jwm.gif

Maybe call 242-cops and ask about cooking drugs- givem that info and see what they do.............

Thought about that. I want the second test results before I make any conclusions. As far as cooking ... if it can't be done in a microwave, or toaster oven, it ain't happening. :flipoff2:

Thought about that. I want the second test results before I make any conclusions. As far as cooking ... if it can't be done in a microwave, or toaster oven, it ain't happening. :flipoff2:
KISS :rofl: That is your motto!!

KISS :rofl: That is your motto!!
Long, long time ago I had a roommate describe me as a "subsistence eater." Nothing has changed, I guess. 😁

I received the results from the second test. To review, the first test had moderate levels of coatings (paints, varnishes, etc), light hydrocarbons (gas, propane, butane, ect), and PVC. I can rationally explain the coatings and the hydrocarbons since the test was done next to the door out to the garage. I could not explain the PVC result. Total VOCs in the first test was 1300ng/l, in the moderate range.

The second test was done at the opposite side of the house. The total VOCs were normal, a quarter of the first test at 440ng/l. Coating and hydrocarbons were normal. But, PVC was still moderate. Absolutely no clue why.

Maybe call 242-cops and ask about cooking drugs- givem that info and see what they do............. unless you are the one cooking.

Which leads me to this idea from J. Some of the solvents used in PVC are acetone and methyl ethyl ketone (MEK). Both are used to make meth. I'm wondering if the moderate result for PVC is a result of the solvents. Symptoms of exposure to MEK are consistent with what I'm experiencing ... dizzy, headache, nausea, irritation to the nose and throat.

I'll be writing a letter to APD.

Dang dude, that's a great analysis.

I love MEK, for cleaning that is. But now that I know it's used to make Meth.....

Well, I wrote the letter to APD, and today I had a visit from two officers to talk about it.

I’m all giddy with anticipation

Has anyone heard from Pappy or do we need to pull our money together to hire Saul Goodman?
Sorry guys, I'm a little, um, tied up right now. :rofl:

Los Floras Jail.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom