Inclinometer Wiring in a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See this thread again in 6 more years 😂

How about three years!?

I just installed my inclinometer today. The clock is so dim that it disappears when I turn on the lights.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix it?
Maybe replace it with an led bulb?

How about three years!?

I just installed my inclinometer today. The clock is so dim that it disappears when I turn on the lights.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix it?
That's by design. I wired my inclinometer differently so it stayed on full bright and it was by FAR the brightest thing on my dash in a very distracting & borderline unsafe way. It's back to normal now.

I don't have a solution for you. But mine worked the same way. Clock was truly useless during the day. I could see it fine at night, however. One of the more anti-climactic moments I had with that truck considering how hard the thing was to source and wire up to begin with.

Maybe replace it with an led bulb?

This was the one place in my truck I actually put an LED bulb. It was ridiculous how bright that thing was at night the way the light bounced around in that fishbowl of a device with an LED in there. Lit up the whole cab with an eerie green glow to the point of being really distracting while driving. Was like I was shooting a night driving scene in there or something. I am too much a purist to get on-board the interior LED train everyone else does but seems I chose the worst piece to start with and the most distracting in terms of LED upgrades.

That's by design. I wired my inclinometer differently so it stayed on full bright and it was by FAR the brightest thing on my dash in a very distracting & borderline unsafe way. It's back to normal now.
The inclinometer overall or just the clock portion? I had been toying with the idea of some other digital information display to replace my OEM clock with so the inclinometer's clock would be the main one and I'd use the OEM clock connector (with a dimming lead from the gauge lighting) for the inclinometer. But after reading about how dim the inclinometer's clock is I'm wondering if that's such a great idea.

So, last night I discovered that my clock on the inclinometer is controlled by the dimmer. So perhaps I wired it wrong. When I turn the dimmer all the way down, shutting off the lights, the clock resets. I followed the recommended wiring, and thought the clock was not on the dash dimmer, but it is. I will have to check what I’ve done.

FWIW, I don’t find the LEDs on my dash to be too bright, so running with them on full isn’t a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom