Importing a 79 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon fellas. I’m considering importing a Toyota LandCruiser 79 series. What’s the brain trust think? What’s the good and bad with these trucks? Pic of the one I’m considering.

f12ad094-657e-4939-9503-f5d6c88b9ea5.jpeg

Good afternoon fellas. I’m considering importing a Toyota LandCruiser 79 series. What’s the brain trust think? What’s the good and bad with these trucks? Pic of the one I’m considering.

View attachment 3345649
If it wasn't for those pesky import laws.
: )

Got it.

I'd love to get a half cut of one of the diesel v8's for a project I hope to start next summer

<muhahahahahahaha>

There is a big rise in fraudulent temp tags from states like New Jersey and Texas. Whoever that owner is probably doesn’t want them pictured here.

Not saying his are fraudulent but it probably doesn’t list that specific cruiser on the bottom left corner by description or vin.

RHD. Assume it's Australian market? Looks like a dash and some other parts in the bed.
The GXL badge and “workmate” decal are strong indicators that it came from Australia in my opinion.

First you need more money than most on this board to get one. Second, you don’t post on mud if you have one.

Maybe we should just require posters to obscure the license plates for privacy.

Jealous by the way Chris of the v8 you sighted.

Maybe we should just require posters to obscure the license plates for privacy.
I agree with you however on the other hand these people can’t expect complete privacy driving it on the public roads here in the US. People are going to snap and post pictures no matter what. If not here, Instagram or some other social media.

The GXL badge and “workmate” decal are strong indicators that it came from Australia in my opinion.
Where is the “workmate” decal? (Am I overlooking the obvious? 😊)

Last edited:
I would assume OP already knew these trucks were expensive and technically illegal. So, besides those two minor details, what's bad about them? Probably nothing.

Buy a 79 have it shipped to Mexico, drive it across the border and just take it to Mexico or Canada once a year for an oil change. Now titling and insurance is another thing all together.

I can't help you with getting a full truck. But i can get you a full shell for a reasonable price.

PM if you're interested.

IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom