Impending Vortec Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@#$!%^$#%^$$#@&*^^&%%*&%$@!@%!!!!
View attachment 1275320

Never put a tyranny on a motor. Seems like the torque converter isn't on all the way. Any other options besides buying a new transmission housing?
Any competent welding shop should be able to weld it up... Or as diesel driver said bell housing on your tranny should be removable...

4l80e bell housing is integrated into the case. I'm going to bolt it up and get my motor in the vehicle hopefully tonight. I'd like to see how everything fits so I can order radiator and few other things. I'll then pull the motor again. I'll look to see how much for a welder to come hit the motor mounts and the transmission at the same time. I was going to do the motor mounts myself, but if I have to pay a guy to come by anyway and they're already tacked on, might as well have some who actually knows what they are doing TIG weld them for hopefully a few extra bucks.

4l80e bell housing is integrated into the case. I'm going to bolt it up and get my motor in the vehicle hopefully tonight. I'd like to see how everything fits so I can order radiator and few other things. I'll then pull the motor again. I'll look to see how much for a welder to come hit the motor mounts and the transmission at the same time. I was going to do the motor mounts myself, but if I have to pay a guy to come by anyway and they're already tacked on, might as well have some who actually knows what they are doing TIG weld them for hopefully a few extra bucks.

I bet there is a cruiserhead who is a pro welder in your midst!!!

you need that bolt hole coz the next hole up isn't tapped on the vortec blocks there's an oil gallery or something behind it

bolthole.jpg

broken.jpg

you need that bolt hole coz the next hole up isn't tapped on the vortec blocks there's an oil gallery or something behind it

True on next bolt hole up on bell housing isn't tapped, but not sure that means I have to have the broken ear fixed. I think it is a good idea and I plan to do it though.

@lazy wish you was closer I could burn it in if you were...

Thanks. I got a guy who lives a couple miles up the road who is going to come by and weld it. I figure I could take it slow with my mig welder, but for $85 I'll knock out both the case and the motor mounts.

Why did they take down your company's sign here in Golden....I've been wondering that for a couple weeks....

These motor mounts need trimmed.
20160615_200134.jpg
20160615_200114.jpg

what mounts did you go with? i am using dirty dingo mounts on mine.

Advance adapters

what headers are you going to use? sorry if you posted all this before but i thought you changed your mind on them a few times. i am looking to go with the hookers from summit as i hear they work with no cutting.

These are the best pics I have right now of the exhaust manifolds....
20160615_191242.jpg
20160615_191228.jpg

Found someone who did 6.2 w/ 6l80 tranny! link in case anyone is interested. 400HP 6.2L LS with 6 Speed auto swap....no lift. Plug 'n play swap kit in development

i'm more and more leaning towards the 4l80e to save having to modify some wiring, don't have to screw with the flex plate adapter, the adapter kit is a smidge cheaper and the "HP loss" doesn't really bother me for a beefier tranny (potentially towing an exped trailer in the future as well). I'm already @ 5.29 gears and I don't ever just "burn off the line" anymore. Although, reading kirk's ls2 swap thread and watching him tear up his field was good ol' fashioned fun. The 4" lift on my rig should help with clearances as well. thoughts?

Got final approval from the CFO. I had to trade in my 2017 heli ski trip though....
Wow heli ski trip trade.....that's hardcore

i put the 2017 heli trip at about 75/25 right now (75 that i go :) )

great man, that is exactly the setup i am going for. once i get this stupid tundra sold i will have room to start on my LS swap.

Please Please Please use new header bolts! Broken header bolts are quite common

20160615_191242-jpg.1276440

Bolts are getting ordered. I'm just seeing how things fit so I can get the mounts tacked on. Looking at stainless arp's....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom