If it looks too good to be true … (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruising Craigslist and was immediately drawn to this ad

IMG_1355.png

… so made comms and received this little tickler along with a whole heap of photos …

IMG_2424.jpeg

… having already smelled a fish, the emotive additions of military nurse and dead Dad made it pretty clear this is a scam … anyhoo, played along and replied with more interest and request to view the car (seemingly 30 miles away) and received back this one …

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2426.jpeg

… so now we’ve jumped from CL to EBay … got to admit though, it’s pretty slick.

Ha! About 2 years ago I ran across a similar type ad claiming to sell a pristine Land Cruiser out of FL. I couldn't help myself and went back and forth on email with them for about a week before I think they realized I was toying with them. They were trying to get me to wire money through some service. Total scam. If you have some free time it's fun to mess with them :)

Cruising Craigslist and was immediately drawn to this ad

View attachment 3539028

… so made comms and received this little tickler along with a whole heap of photos …

View attachment 3539029

… having already smelled a fish, the emotive additions of military nurse and dead Dad made it pretty clear this is a scam … anyhoo, played along and replied with more interest and request to view the car (seemingly 30 miles away) and received back this one …

View attachment 3539030
View attachment 3539031

… so now we’ve jumped from CL to EBay … got to admit though, it’s pretty slick.
Obviously you knew very quickly (and probably before you messaged) that it was a scam. And most of us know the drill as well. But not everyone has that insight so thanks for posting it. If it helps (and teaches) one person avoid a scam that's good.

If sound to good to be true, IT IS!

But I do sometimes when bored, like string these seller along. ;):moon::flush:

I have a Craigslist search saved and I get results like this ALL THE TIME. Dead giveaway is the funky stylized gmail.com which is in all of them. Also they list a low-mileage, newer model like a 2006 or 2007 for a stupid low price. They might actually have better luck tricking someone if it was more realistic. Say a 2001 with 145k for $5,900. But then again I would hope most would realize it's a scam the "seller" responds.

1705960735658.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom