For Sale Idaho 1963 FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Not mine, just posting for reference. I drove all night from CO to Idaho for this one, it was listed for $2500 and I was all over it. Then the guy calls back and says people are offering him $10k plus for it, sight unseen. Well I saw it and $2500 is the right price, he was stuck on $10k, we parted ways. Soggy truck, wet, moldy and rusty. Lots of things taken apart and pieces missing. The search continues...
20210913_082629.jpg
20210913_085717.jpg
20210913_085656.jpg
20210913_082756.jpg
20210913_082701.jpg

I saw that listed this weekend, I was wondering about the rust, IIRCC the front edge of the roof was showing rust also.
You could drive to Great Falls MT and look at the one listed for $15,000
Bummer you drove all that way.

The Craigslist ad is down, but if anyone wants to be put in touch with the owner (within the next week or so), please pm me. Thanks.

I saw that listed this weekend, I was wondering about the rust, IIRCC the front edge of the roof was showing rust also.
You could drive to Great Falls MT and look at the one listed for $15,000
Bummer you drove all that way.
I'm in touch with the Great Falls owner, he was on his way out for a hunting trip, supposed to connect with him later this week. Thanks!

Yikes sorry to hear about the shady seller… if you’re trying to auction a truck put it up for auction don’t list a price and then change it when people go out of their way to complete the transaction, right?

Body work on that one looks like could add up really quickly… All that said, its an LV so I hope someone saves it! From the few photos, at least looks fairly "complete"

I too am amazed that there are more out there! Looks like the rear seat and brackets are still there.
Did you happen to get the vin number? Or a picture of it? Where in ID?

I too am amazed that there are more out there! Looks like the rear seat and brackets are still there.

it was listed on Spokane craigslist, so northern ID in the panhandle would be my guess.

Outside Rathdrum, ID.
Th rear seat bottom was attached, the rear seat back was thrown in the back.
These are the only pics I have, I'll check with the boy after school about his pics.
20210913_082639.jpg

20210913_083915.jpg
20210913_082655.jpg
Screenshot_20210912-091023_craigslist.jpg

I can see more than $2500 just because of the parts that are there but definitely not 10k.

It would be interesting to hear the back story on it.
Was it just left abandoned on the property or was it bought new in the family and used until it died and then just left for dead ?
And certainly not the best spot for that hi-lift jack! With the rust, that area would just crumple!

Last edited:
Interesting, This one seems to be rusting from the top down?
Precisely. The roof is caved in and held snow. That was a really soggy area. The inside of the windows were much like the inside of a fish bowl that hasn't been cleaned.

It would be interesting to hear the back story on it.
Was it just left abandoned on the property or was it bought new in the family and used until it died and then just left for dead ?
And certainly not the best spot for that hi-lift jack! With the rust, that area would just crumple!
What I was told: The owner acquired it for free 25 years ago in its non-running condition and it just sat for dead in a snowy meadow, this is the first time he's touched it. It was really disappointing to see that level of neglect.

Just a thought… looks like there is support structure for the roof on these 45LVs, so the roof doesn’t carry any body bending load, correct? If so, given that some semblance of roof is there that maybe a good boat builder could template it and make a skookum fiberglass roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom