ICON alloy wheels? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good! Would you mind posting a few more pics of wheels from different angles? Trying to see the poke and such, and how the tire fits on the rim. Also, you’re running 285/75R17 on the 17 x 8.5 icons with 25mm offset right?
Thanks mate. That is the exact spec I'm running. Here are some more pics for ya.

IMG_20200909_095524.jpg

IMG_20200909_095359.jpg

IMG_20200909_095329.jpg

IMG_20200909_095213.jpg

IMG_20200909_095247.jpg

Ok folks...I have one of my sample spacers printed. There's good and bad news...the good is they fit great on the vehicle and on the cap, no interference issues with the hub.

The bad is the locating holes I added I must have measured wrong. So I need to do a quick design tweak and print again. See pictures.

@TrekboxX not sure these justify a run through CNC...especially when the quantity needed is low. What were you thinking you make them out of and what were you going to charge?

IMG_20200910_185452.jpg

IMG_20200910_185503.jpg

Ok folks...I have one of my sample spacers printed. There's good and bad news...the good is they fit great on the vehicle and on the cap, no interference issues with the hub.

The bad is the locating holes I added I must have measured wrong. So I need to do a quick design tweak and print again. See pictures.

@TrekboxX not sure these justify a run through CNC...especially when the quantity needed is low. What were you thinking you make them out of and what were you going to charge?

View attachment 2431903

View attachment 2431904
I don't know- not looking at it as a product, just trying to help you guys out. I have acetal in stock that I can use, or get a sheet of something else. I'd just charge a nominal charge for time and materials. They'd have to be tabbed in the sheet to prevent lifting so there would be a bit of hand work on them. Or I could leave them tabbed and you guys could clean them up yourselves. I'd like enough interest to do a sheet of them. If they average 5" square with the spacing needed I could get about 184 rings out of a sheet. Probably end up somewhere around $5 per spacer. Just throwing it out there!

I don't know- not looking at it as a product, just trying to help you guys out. I have acetal in stock that I can use, or get a sheet of something else. I'd just charge a nominal charge for time and materials. They'd have to be tabbed in the sheet to prevent lifting so there would be a bit of hand work on them. Or I could leave them tabbed and you guys could clean them up yourselves. I'd like enough interest to do a sheet of them. If they average 5" square with the spacing needed I could get about 184 rings out of a sheet. Probably end up somewhere around $5 per spacer. Just throwing it out there!
Mate count me in for 4. Keep us posted!

View attachment 2431903

View attachment 2431904
Nice work mate! If you knock the fix out sooner let us know!!

Ok - for those interested...I'm printing one of these right now to test fitment. Will try and fit it up (at least to the cap) sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

This will allow you to use longer screws on the back side of the cap if you want to, or just line up the tabs and glue the cap to the top.

So screw, or glue, or some combination of both...

View attachment 2416426
You tha man.

Last edited:
It should be noted, these are separate fixes for two different Icon wheel offerings. The spacer is a fix for the 'Six Speed' wheel. The blue cap replacement is for, I think, the 'Compression' wheels (or 'Rebounds' maybe?).

Someone could conceivably design a new cap entirely for the 'Six Speeds' but I didn't care that much and it was faster/cheaper for me to just make a spacer.

I picked up a set of Compressions and would love to grab a set of the front caps if anybody has come up with a good adaptation, or some tips on fab’ing up something with ABS or similar.

9D708FAA-62E0-45F8-91DE-C0BB4BC95390.jpeg

BenCC made me a set of the blue ones shown earlier, but in black. They fit perfectly on Compressions. I called Icon to confirm that Rebounds and Compressions use the same cap.

66CD6892-DA8D-4ABA-968E-A6A531553CB4.jpeg

E958D654-FD35-4794-B290-353BDA9C69BC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom