ICON alloy wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience mounting 17" ICON alloy wheels such as Rebound or Compression series wheels? Can they be run without spacers on a 100 series LC? These 17 x 8.5 wheels come in a 5x150 bolt pattern, 5.75" backspace, +25mm offset with a 110.1mm bore. I am running the ICON 2.5 V.S. suspension with a 3" lift. Presently I am running BFG 275/70x18 tires but am considering 285/75x17's. I am just curious as to whether anyone has attempted to run these 17" wheel's, with a set of 285/75x17 tire's, and a 2.5" to 3" lifted suspension. Wondering about any possible clearance and rubbing issues. Thanks in advance for any input from the brain trust on this forum. I am sorry if this is a topic that has been gone over before. I just had not found anything regarding this particular setup.

In for the answer as I'm looking into getting the same wheels.

I know Kings Chariot puts Icons on a lot of their builds and I havent seen any mention of them putting spacers on although not sure they would necessarily volunteer that information.

Looking for wheels as well so curios on what you guys ended up getting?

Icons fit. Front cap doesn’t.
AAC310CD-1C1A-48F9-85B3-45EB8A1BC74A.jpeg

Hmm the specs are exactly the same as @Dparo's Rebounds as per the Icon website though.
Center hub bore constricts where the cap fits and looks like it won’t fit over the front protrusive hubs on the 100.... But I’d be happy if you proved me wrong. I would love to own a set.

Center hub bore constricts where the cap fits and looks like it won’t fit over the front protrusive hubs on the 100.... But I’d be happy if you proved me wrong. I would love to own a set.
I have the same concern but as we see above, if the Rebounds fit, these shall too. Now I don't want to end up with 4 expensive paperweights so thinking if I should order 1 and try it first? I'll keep you posted.

Found some evidence from an IG page under Kingschariot -
All thanks to @socalmtbiker
I wonder how the caps were added to the front.

115994567_161942355454308_2603163936614572800_n.jpg

Found some evidence from an IG page under Kingschariot -
All thanks to @socalmtbiker
I wonder how the caps were added to the front.

View attachment 2394742

I’m referring to the Vectors only!

...and I’m not a gambling man but I’d bet my left nut they are running spacers on the Vectors

(+25 offset doesn’t hang out the side like that)

I’m referring to the Vectors only!

...and I’m not a gambling man but I’d bet my left nut they are running spacers on the Vectors

(+25 offset doesn’t hang out the side like that)
Check out the pic below, the one above is the IG page preview.
That is a valid point you made though. Bet your left nut is way more precious than a 240 dollar wheel so I'm trying to order one piece and solve this mystery.

Thanks. 295/70-17 Toyo M/T, Icon 2.5 suspension. No spacers, pinch welds gone. No rubbing yet.
Thanks for sharing mate. It really helps clear out the spacer doubts we're having here. I think i might just pull the trigger on the Vectors.

Thanks for sharing mate. It really helps clear out the spacer doubts we're having here. I think i might just pull the trigger on the Vectors.
Look what I found! I personally emailed Icon regarding the Vectors back in May

Their response:
1A22B126-5E07-4DFD-861A-D625B1EC4D58.jpeg

Maybe they will fit 🤷🏻‍♂️

Looks like I might be short a nut 😬

@AusCal I just shot Kings Chariot an email - I’ll let you know if they respond!
After making a bunch of calls across the US West, it seems like the Vectors are a few weeks out so I'm thinking of going with what @Dparo has on the LC on 17x8.5. I feel they're sharper looking compared to the 6 speeds. Got a quote for 4 plus 275/70/17 KO2s - $24xx out the door. I'll wait on it to see if a set of Vectors pops out of somewhere magically.

I like mine.

20191019_143957(1).jpg

20190908_143332.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom