Builds I Don’t Have a Cool Name Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few additions to the truck.

Slee primary battery tray with a group 31 Northstar AGM.

47BA69BE-AD98-465D-89B1-3D27BFD5E658.jpeg

Also in the photo is the Slee ARB Mount with an ARB twin.

0BCE64ED-08C4-4309-9078-6F57B176928A.jpeg

The Slee secondary battery tray with a group 35 Northstar AGM with the IBS solenoid and dew bluesea goodies.

7BA791B5-54A0-466A-8D37-67F44E6A7249.jpeg

Baja Designs Onyx6 Hi Power on the roofrack with a couple S2’s as scene lights.

0267A826-E5F9-42B7-9540-AC3FC02055CF.jpeg

BD RTL-S for brake lights, dust lights and reverse lights.

139124B8-AA9A-44E3-ADD0-CFA0373E82F0.jpeg

BD rocklights that trigger by button or when the doors open.

First off, where do you put your Shark Fin on the roof? Second, it looks like you have an alien under the front of your tuck. Can you take a profile shot of the S2s along the side of the Prinsu? I want to see how far they stick out.

Looks great.

First off, where do you put your Shark Fin on the roof? Second, it looks like you have an alien under the front of your tuck. Can you take a profile shot of the S2s along the side of the Prinsu? I want to see how far they stick out.

Looks great.
I keep the alien there for good luck. The shark fin just touches the last bar. I don’t use satellite radio, so it doesn’t affect me.

5E0AFB3E-C2F0-4ACE-A708-D42347B14BCF.jpeg

Roy, does the lower edge of the prinsu wind deflector touch the top of the truck?
may want to lay down a strip of 3M clear protecter in-between just to keep from marking up the paint.

truck is looking amazing.

Roy, does the lower edge of the prinsu wind deflector touch the top of the truck?
may want to lay down a strip of 3M clear protecter in-between just to keep from marking up the paint.

truck is looking amazing.
The whole truck is covered with 3M tape. Hahaha. It’s wrapped.

And the whole wrap is scratched to all hell already. I have scratches on the hood cuz my dumb ass friends like to go completely off trail and get lost for hours. Hahaha.

dumb friends make for good stories....

I’ll try. I have a RTT on there now so measuring the crossbar clearance will be tough. I’ll try to squeeze in there thru the sunroof.

View attachment 1660539

Eyeballing it, it’s about the same height as the stock bars.

Thanks for the recommendation! I’m super happy I went with Prinsu.

21250BAA-138A-4659-B871-6C4BE65FD9B5.jpeg

BD0C5A59-A8CD-48E6-9A39-64A123E078BC.jpeg

Looks great! Also, it appears that Eezi-Awn has changed the latch design on the Stealth. I'm gonna have to look into that because my latches extend below the bottom of the tent which is a bit of a problem. I was going to take out the angle grinder but simply replacing the latches would be better.

Looks great! Also, it appears that Eezi-Awn has changed the latch design on the Stealth. I'm gonna have to look into that because my latches extend below the bottom of the tent which is a bit of a problem. I was going to take out the angle grinder but simply replacing the latches would be better.
Thank you. If the longer latches pose a problem, then I’d reach out for sure. I wish the tears were longer but the fronts I can barely open with the windscreen in a place.

Hey Roy, how do the new suspension and tires feel on pavement compared to stock? Even better, despite the stiffer tires?

Hey Roy, how do the new suspension and tires feel on pavement compared to stock? Even better, despite the stiffer tires?
It’s not better than stock on road. Anyone that says it is, is just trying to justify their purchase. But I like my suspension like I like my drinks. Stiff. The stock ride felt too billobilly for me. I have LT Kings on my Tundra and that’s what I’m used to. The LC is much smoother than that.

billobilly, is that like marshmellowy, squishy, wallowy, wobbly.

always like new terms.
sometimes its hard to describe the "feel" of something. there's the physical, tactile impression and the psychological "feel".

I was coming from a lifted Tundra when I got my 200. I hated the way it felt. the springs were too soft it wallowed through corners.
with the Icons it just felt better. more stable. firmer, but not harsh like the truck.

when I had the Icons rebuilt, I ran stock springs with spacers for a week. Physically they were super soft, comfortable smooooooth.
psychologically it was torture. there was more body roll than a tuna boat in the pacific. hop on the gas exiting a turn and it "felt" like a trophy truck pulling the inside wheel off the ground.
I love the feel of the icon shocks, wider stance and bigger tires. still interested in the icon rear springs, and would love to see how the 3.0s ride.

just to see what it "feels" like.....

Just checking out the lighting setup again and have a couple questions...

* How did you run and distribute power to the roof? Just not seeing where the wiring comes from and I'm curious as it's something I eventually need to optimize.
* What did you tap into for the RTL-S?
* I like the idea of turning on the rock lights when the doors are open. Did you just tap into a relay to do that?

Thanks!

billobilly, is that like marshmellowy, squishy, wallowy, wobbly.

always like new terms.
sometimes its hard to describe the "feel" of something. there's the physical, tactile impression and the psychological "feel".

I was coming from a lifted Tundra when I got my 200. I hated the way it felt. the springs were too soft it wallowed through corners.
with the Icons it just felt better. more stable. firmer, but not harsh like the truck.

when I had the Icons rebuilt, I ran stock springs with spacers for a week. Physically they were super soft, comfortable smooooooth.
psychologically it was torture. there was more body roll than a tuna boat in the pacific. hop on the gas exiting a turn and it "felt" like a trophy truck pulling the inside wheel off the ground.
I love the feel of the icon shocks, wider stance and bigger tires. still interested in the icon rear springs, and would love to see how the 3.0s ride.

just to see what it "feels" like.....
I agree on all fronts. I prefer the Icons over stock too. I just didn't want to give the impression that it was necessarily smoother or "better". It's subjective. I would be willing to bet the 3.0 is not too different from the 2.5.

Just checking out the lighting setup again and have a couple questions...

* How did you run and distribute power to the roof? Just not seeing where the wiring comes from and I'm curious as it's something I eventually need to optimize.
* What did you tap into for the RTL-S?
* I like the idea of turning on the rock lights when the doors are open. Did you just tap into a relay to do that?

Thanks!
The roof lights required a blue sea clam shell and drilling the roof.

IMG_1149.jpg

I haven't been able to get the RTL to work with my brake lights yet. I'm still trying to get that done.

As for the rock lights, the sPod bantam has a built in feature that allows you to trigger each switch with another input. So a line was taken from the door light and taken back to the sPod. It's a little wonky because its a negative trigger but its the best that could be worked out without adding a relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom