Builds I Don’t Have a Cool Name Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you thought about using the trailer harness to trigger the rock lights or brake light?

I have an LED cube tied into the reverse light wire on the trailer harness. makes it much easier to use the back up camera at night or in shadows. I had the wires crossed and accidently tapped into the brake light wire. everytime I hit the brakes or locked/unlocked the car the cube came on.

maybe you could use the parking light wire to power the rock lights. 4 little LEDs shouldn't pull too many amps.

Have you thought about using the trailer harness to trigger the rock lights or brake light?

I have an LED cube tied into the reverse light wire on the trailer harness. makes it much easier to use the back up camera at night or in shadows. I had the wires crossed and accidently tapped into the brake light wire. everytime I hit the brakes or locked/unlocked the car the cube came on.

maybe you could use the parking light wire to power the rock lights. 4 little LEDs shouldn't pull too many amps.
That’s a good point. I just wanted to get the stuff mounted in place and wires run. Now the tinkering begins.

billobilly, is that like marshmellowy, squishy, wallowy, wobbly.

always like new terms.
sometimes its hard to describe the "feel" of something. there's the physical, tactile impression and the psychological "feel".

I was coming from a lifted Tundra when I got my 200. I hated the way it felt. the springs were too soft it wallowed through corners.
with the Icons it just felt better. more stable. firmer, but not harsh like the truck.

when I had the Icons rebuilt, I ran stock springs with spacers for a week. Physically they were super soft, comfortable smooooooth.
psychologically it was torture. there was more body roll than a tuna boat in the pacific. hop on the gas exiting a turn and it "felt" like a trophy truck pulling the inside wheel off the ground.
I love the feel of the icon shocks, wider stance and bigger tires. still interested in the icon rear springs, and would love to see how the 3.0s ride.

just to see what it "feels" like.....
Did you happen to change your spring in the coilover or just leave the one Icon sells them with? My truck was pretty level at first but as things are settling, I’m getting a little stink bug-ish. I know I could crank up the preload and level it out but then I’d lose some droop. I’m still waiting for bumpers and drawers, but I’m thinking when all is said and done, I may need to get heavier springs both front and back.

I'm running the standard Tundra spring that came with the coilovers, and a 15mm spacer.
I keep the adjustment collar pretty high up on the shock body to keep the spring compression to a minimum. I would actually like to go 3/8" higher in the front, but I'm maxxed out in the rear with 2721 springs and 30mm spacer.

I'm interested in the icon springs you have for the rear, and how high the trucks sits. I may go that route to get the added lift out back.

I know willybeamin had stiffer springs installed when he added the front bumper/winch.

I'm running the standard Tundra spring that came with the coilovers, and a 15mm spacer.
I keep the adjustment collar pretty high up on the shock body to keep the spring compression to a minimum. I would actually like to go 3/8" higher in the front, but I'm maxxed out in the rear with 2721 springs and 30mm spacer.

I'm interested in the icon springs you have for the rear, and how high the trucks sits. I may go that route to get the added lift out back.

I know willybeamin had stiffer springs installed when he added the front bumper/winch.
If you’re happy with the way the 2721 rides, you may like the Icon Springs. With the RTT and bumper I have a feeling it’ll be too soft for me. I’ll have to wait and see.

As suspected, the Icon rear springs don’t have enough oomph to keep the rear end up. It actually rides smooth on road but I think it’s because of where in the shock stroke the Icons are sitting now. I’ll need to order some 2724’s on Monday. I’ve been told that Icon doesn’t have a 700# spring for the 3.0, so I’m not sure what to do for the front. I’d like to avoid putting too much preload on the coilovers.

67976943-BBFA-4594-9FBC-AF08F010EBD3.jpeg

So since my RTT got destroyed, I’ve worked out a few options for sleeping. When I’m with the family, I’ll bring the Oz tent but for solo trips I’ll either bring a bedroll or a hammock depending on season.

Since I shed a good chunk of weight I felt comfortable tossing an awning up there.

3768B2AF-1A48-430B-A575-06CC6F4FA728.jpeg

F725BC5A-9DEE-4B90-BAD0-45788B738C37.jpeg

And I finally got around to hard wiring my OBW.

D1E57559-C59C-4AFA-A0BF-2495DFC84C93.jpeg

4A7AE1BA-D2A8-4929-9CE6-40DF38CD6734.jpeg

I didn’t pull the eccotemp heater out but it’ll just hang off the swing out arm.

I recently got some rear springs installed that I ordered from Jason at Trail Tailor. Same set that @Markuson and @indycole have. I was already pretty happy with their on road performance as they didn’t feel as billobilly as the OME 2724’s. But I got to test them on dirt today and I’m definitely happy with the purchase. Smoothed our the washboards much nicer. Thanks @revesci.

3D4A3698-39ED-4DC9-98F2-243FC3BAFC11.jpeg

I recently got some rear springs installed that I ordered from Jason at Trail Tailor. Same set that @Markuson and @indycole have. I was already pretty happy with their on road performance as they didn’t feel as billobilly as the OME 2724’s. But I got to test them on dirt today and I’m definitely happy with the purchase. Smoothed our the washboards much nicer. Thanks @revesci.

View attachment 1930519

Man, that sure is some stinkbug rake you've got going on there! Isn't that a little high in the rear?

On flat ground it isn’t so bad. Maybe 1/4” higher in the rear than front. I was parked on a down slope to get a little closer to the edge. Yeah, my wife loved that. Hahaha.

I haven’t tinkered with the LC in a minute. Pretty happy with how it is at this point. Got busy with work travels for a few months but hoping to get the family out soon. But I finally got my Tundra back from LSK. Gonna try to do a day trip to shake down the suspension and make sure it’s cycling properly.

3CDBF6E0-8FBA-49CE-9755-AD779E5D37D4.jpeg
E0B32A97-A712-4A12-901A-E98A4CB3FE47.jpeg
CDE15598-D5C4-4964-BF3C-E06DA660C380.jpeg

I haven’t tinkered with the LC in a minute. Pretty happy with how it is at this point. Got busy with work travels for a few months but hoping to get the family out soon. But I finally got my Tundra back from LSK. Gonna try to do a day trip to shake down the suspension and make sure it’s cycling properly.
Are those those wheels the 702s or the 313s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom