I can only drive in high gear but when I shift to neutral or low, the SUV doesn't move. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can shift the transfer case high neutral low easily. But nothing happens when it's on neutral or low. The SUV doesn't move. When I shift to high, it moves. My parents have been driving this way for about 10 years. I planned on fixing this issue. Give me some ideas! Tomorrow I plan on changing the transfer case oil. I'm sure it was never done in 10 years. The parent only does a standard oil and transmission oil change.

It won’t do anything in neutral because it’s in neutral

Put the transmission in neutral with the engine running and then pull the transfer case down to low, make sure you pull it all the way back. Do you get any lights on the dash? Put it in drive, is it in low now?

I can shift the transfer case high neutral low easily. But nothing happens when it's on neutral or low. The SUV doesn't move. When I shift to high, it moves. My parents have been driving this way for about 10 years. I planned on fixing this issue. Give me some ideas! Tomorrow I plan on changing the transfer case oil. I'm sure it was never done in 10 years. The parent only does a standard oil and transmission oil change.
Please read your owners manual or look online at some info. This is NOT a jeep. You are supposed to drive in H most of the time because it is full time 4wd. It's not supposed to move in N because it's in neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom